I'm Dreaming of a Shite Christmas

by R. J. Clarke | Humor |
Registered by thing-1 of London, Greater London United Kingdom on 12/9/2007
Journal Entry 1 by thing-1 from London, Greater London United Kingdom on Sunday, December 09, 2007
OK I am officially nesting and in my bid to make room for baby number 3 I am owning up to books that I am never going to get round to reading/re reading.
And so I am embarking on a mad pre christmas wild release.
Watch out Wimbledon!

Journal Entry 2 by Betty22 from Wandsworth, Greater London United Kingdom on Sunday, December 09, 2007
This book popped through my letter box tonight. Was it just coincidence that thing-1 had been visiting me?
I shall take it to the London meet up on Tuesday at the Camel and Artichoke and see if it finds a new home in time for Christmas....

Journal Entry 3 by WistfulDragon from Streatham, Greater London United Kingdom on Thursday, December 13, 2007
Picked up by Diomedes, due to be enjoyed by both of us!

Journal Entry 4 by Diomedes from London, Greater London United Kingdom on Wednesday, December 19, 2007
I was so glad to pick up this book as I had bought a copy for a friend as an Xmas present and wanted to read it myself (and you can't do that with a friend's present can you ? You Can ?!?!?!?! Damn, no one told me....)

I have to say that I laughed out loud from cover to cover. What a brilliant book. Thankyou so much for releasing it.

The book will now be passed over to WistfulDragon who was reading bits over my shoulder while I was reading it

Journal Entry 5 by WistfulDragon from Streatham, Greater London United Kingdom on Wednesday, December 26, 2007
What fantastic fun! It's all very tongue-in-cheek, but oh so true, and absolutely hilarious. The only trouble was that I wanted to read out to Diomedes all the bits that he'd already read out to me!

This one will definitely be released soon - probably at the Walrus on the 28th, when we're going to meet a couple of Norwegian bookcrossers.

Many thanks!

Journal Entry 6 by WistfulDragon at The Walrus in Waterloo, Greater London United Kingdom on Friday, December 28, 2007

Released 11 yrs ago (12/28/2007 UTC) at The Walrus in Waterloo, Greater London United Kingdom

Journal Entry 7 by Rivercassini from London, Greater London United Kingdom on Friday, December 28, 2007
Picked this up at an unofficial mini-meet, held to mark the visit to London of two delightful Norwegian bookcrossers, at the The Walrus, on the corner of Westminster Bridge Road and Lower Marsh, earlier this evening.

Diomedes says this one will make me laugh. I'm going to blame him if I don't.

Promised to pass it on to Urbanspaceman when I've finished with it.

Journal Entry 8 by Rivercassini from London, Greater London United Kingdom on Monday, December 31, 2007
This is a cute little Chrismassy book, the perfect read for New Year's Eve, after you've finished off the last of the turkey - thank god - and the binmen are expected tomorrow to take away all that giftwrap which, if you'd read this book before Christmas, you would not have bought because you would have learnt that the better stuff - particularly for wrapping live animals - comes free with thirty quid's worth of fuel from the local petrol station. I loved the tips on what to do if you're worried about starting to drink too early on Christmas day (set the alarm clock a little later) and on not microwaving your Christmas puds with the sixpence already in place - unless you really do want indoor fireworks (the book usefully suggests that you might make sure the Christmas tree isn't too close at the time). A humourous, if slightly repetitive, little book which will make you thankful for the 332 shopping days that are left before the next one. Shame about all those brussel sprouts.

Thanks to thing-1 and Diomedes letting me share.

Will hand on to Urbanspaceman at the London meet up on Tuesday 8th January at the Camel and Artichoke on Lower Marsh, SE1

Journal Entry 10 by Rivercassini from London, Greater London United Kingdom on Tuesday, January 08, 2008
Urbanspaceman didn't make it to the meet tonight so this book has come home with me again...I'll get it to him soon.

Journal Entry 11 by UrbanSpaceman from Kingston upon Thames, Greater London United Kingdom on Tuesday, February 12, 2008
Had from Rivercassini at the London Meetup tonight. Thanks!

Journal Entry 12 by UrbanSpaceman from Kingston upon Thames, Greater London United Kingdom on Tuesday, June 10, 2008
Very funny. I think I liked the period Christmas pictures best of all!

Released 11 yrs ago (6/10/2008 UTC) at The Camel and Artichoke in Southwark, Greater London United Kingdom

At the London Meetup.

Journal Entry 14 by wingrahar109wing from Ash Vale, Surrey United Kingdom on Wednesday, June 11, 2008
Picked up at the meet last night, and will be hidden till December.

Journal Entry 15 by wingrahar109wing at Camel & Artichoke in Waterloo, Greater London United Kingdom on Tuesday, December 08, 2009

Released 9 yrs ago (12/8/2009 UTC) at Camel & Artichoke in Waterloo, Greater London United Kingdom

Was read and enjoyed last Christmas; someone else's turn now.

Being taken to the meet-up tonight.

Hello!

If this is your introduction to Bookcrossing, welcome, and congratulations on finding this book! Enjoy reading the book,and I hope you will let us know what you thought - as few or as many comments as you wish. It is now yours to do with as you wish - keep it, pass it on, but please leave the label, so it can keep in touch with us. If you would like to know what happens to the book after it has left you, then do join - it's private and it's fun!
And if you do choose to join, please consider using me, rahar109, as your referring member.

Happy Bookcrossing!

Journal Entry 16 by Diomedes from London, Greater London United Kingdom on Thursday, December 24, 2009
Yup - this is the same book that I had last year and I loved it again every bit as much as I did then. Not going to go into a long yarn about this eexcept that it is absolutely superb (I actuallu BOUGHT another copy of this just to give to someone.

Now, what can I do with the book until next Xmas.....

Journal Entry 17 by WistfulDragon from Streatham, Greater London United Kingdom on Thursday, April 01, 2010
Available for release.

Journal Entry 18 by WistfulDragon at Camel & Artichoke in Waterloo, Greater London United Kingdom on Tuesday, April 13, 2010

Released 9 yrs ago (4/13/2010 UTC) at Camel & Artichoke in Waterloo, Greater London United Kingdom

At the meetup

Journal Entry 19 by smallbluepebble from Ilford, Greater London United Kingdom on Tuesday, April 13, 2010
I spotted this one on the table at the get-together this evening. Two Bookcrossers at the gathering had already journalled this book (one of them twice?!) Though the title seemed a tad unseasonal, I figured such a well-travelled book deserved to be moved along... so now it is in Ilford. Where next for this festive little tome?

Journal Entry 20 by smallbluepebble at -- Trains, Tube, Buses --, Greater London United Kingdom on Thursday, July 22, 2010
The hottest July for years and I'm reading books about Christmas! I think I liked the vintage photos best. Maybe I needed a few more glasses of festive spirit to find the book a little funnier... or perhaps it would be more entertaining to read in December, when trying to figure out where last year's cards and wrapping paper have been stashed.

This little book will be off to Scotland for its summer holiday.

Well, it travelled to Scotland and back... my children wouldn't let me release this book outside a Christmas shop in Pitlochry, they said it would upset the people who worked there!

Journal Entry 21 by smallbluepebble at Camel & Artichoke in Waterloo, Greater London United Kingdom on Tuesday, October 12, 2010

Released 9 yrs ago (10/12/2010 UTC) at Camel & Artichoke in Waterloo, Greater London United Kingdom

This festive volume is heading back to Waterloo this evening :-)