My Secret

by ANON | Nonfiction |
Registered by aliaskris29 on 4/13/2008
Journal Entry 1 by aliaskris29 on Sunday, April 13, 2008
I skimmed this book, but it did not interest me.

Released 11 yrs ago (4/13/2008 UTC) at Williams Coffee Pub - Trafalgar/Dundas in Oakville, Ontario Canada

Releasing at Meet Up today. If not released will take to the back shelf of Second Cup @ Navy Street.
--------------------------------------------------------------------
Thank you for picking up this book. Please make a journal entry to let me know that this book has found a good home with you. You may choose to remain anonymous or to join (its free). I hope you enjoy the book. You can make another journal entry with your comments when you’ve finished reading. Whenever you’re ready to send it on its way, make a journal entry if you are giving or sending this book to a known person, or release notes if you are leaving it “in the wild” again for anyone to catch. Then watch its journey. You’ll be alerted by e-mail each time someone makes another journal entry. It’s all confidential (you’re known only by your screen name and no one is ever given your e-mail address), free, and spam-free.

Journal Entry 3 by HoserLauren from Burlington, Ontario Canada on Monday, April 14, 2008
My mom brought home this book from the Oakville bookcrossing meetup. I've been reading Post Secret regularly online for a while now so I took the book and sat down with it and read it until I came to a point in the book, about half way through, where I recognized the faces of people. The secret reads "I still look at your 3rd grade picture and think what might have happened if I hadn't moved 825 miles away". The picture is a yearbook style picture (double page spread in black and white with a red heart in the bottom left hand corner for all those that read this book after I do).

I immediately recognized 2 faces, then after looking closer, I could pick out about 6 people I recognized. This is the other third grade class from my elementary school! I don't know who sent this in, or who the boy is with the heart around him, but how weird is that!

Journal Entry 4 by wingAceofHeartswing from Mississauga, Ontario Canada on Friday, April 18, 2008
This book is with me now :)

Journal Entry 5 by wingAceofHeartswing from Mississauga, Ontario Canada on Sunday, May 11, 2008
What a sad, funny, weird, heart-breaking set of secrets

Journal Entry 6 by wingAceofHeartswing from Mississauga, Ontario Canada on Friday, June 13, 2008
mailed today to Gategypsy who won this in the Non-Fiction swap

Journal Entry 7 by GateGypsy from Ladysmith, British Columbia Canada on Thursday, June 26, 2008
Arrived safe and sound here!

*******************
These Post Secret books are always very interesting reads. Sometimes heartwarming, sometimes disturbing, sometimes heartwrenching, but never boring. (Some possibly even "inspiring"... I wrote a short story based on an idea I got from one!) My fiancé enjoyed reading this, as well. Thanks so much, HoserLauren, for offering this in the swap. I'll make sure it finds its way to another bookcrosser who wants it!

Journal Entry 8 by rootmartin from Wellesley, Massachusetts USA on Saturday, January 24, 2009
Received from GateGypsy since I guessed it in the Treasure Hunt Relay on bookobsessed.com

Thanks!

Hoserlauren - When I saw that page in the book, I thought that it would indeed be possible to recognize people. Lol at your comment!

Journal Entry 9 by zzz from Rakovica, City of Belgrade Serbia on Tuesday, December 01, 2009
oh root thank you so much for this book (it's for sweeps right?).
And how lovely to see all these familiar names *wave to everyone*. I am as well regular on the site and have Book-1. I'm sure I'll find this one as interesting as its precedent.

Journal Entry 10 by zzz at - Ergens in de provincie, Noord-Holland Netherlands on Saturday, May 01, 2010

Released 9 yrs ago (5/2/2010 UTC) at - Ergens in de provincie, Noord-Holland Netherlands

bringing to my first meeting with Dutch BXers cause I saw it on WL of one of them :)

Journal Entry 11 by Phoenix-Flight from Apeldoorn, Gelderland Netherlands on Sunday, May 02, 2010
Went to a meetup in OBCZCoffeePlaza today, to meet zzz while he is in the country. I noticed this book in one of the piles of books, and then learned he had brought it for me when he saw it was on my wishlist. What a lovely, sweet surprise! Thank you very much, I will enjoy reading this. I have been following PostSecret for well over two years now.

It was much fun meeting zzz today, I hope you have a great time here, and hope to meet again :)

EDIT: really enjoyed reading this book! Thanks again!

Journal Entry 12 by Phoenix-Flight at Castricum, Noord-Holland Netherlands on Wednesday, June 26, 2013

Released 5 yrs ago (6/30/2013 UTC) at Castricum, Noord-Holland Netherlands

Reserved for creativechaos. Enjoy :)

Journal Entry 13 by wingcreativeChaoswing at - Ergens in de provincie, Groningen Netherlands on Wednesday, July 03, 2013
I definitely will enjoy this book. I own two other postsecret books and find them fascinating: concept, stories and designs all appeal to me!

Thanks for sharing!

Journal Entry 14 by wingcreativeChaoswing at - Ergens in de provincie, Groningen Netherlands on Thursday, August 22, 2013
So special this book: young people sharing their secrets, some small, some big, some funny and some so sad or lonely. I always think about the people who send in the cards. When did they decide to write...and why? Was it a one-minute action, of something they have been thinking over for a long time? And does it give relief?
I sometimes think about sending in my own secrets, everybody has some, haven't we? ;o))

Anyway, I really enjoyed reading and watching the book. It's far to special to release it in the wild so I will make it a bookring on the Dutch forum.

READERS:
Miekster
LenaLena
Aaltsje
Chris 147

Thanks PYP-845222 that you shared it with the world!

Journal Entry 15 by wingcreativeChaoswing at - Ergens in de provincie, Groningen Netherlands on Thursday, August 22, 2013

Released 5 yrs ago (8/22/2013 UTC) at - Ergens in de provincie, Groningen Netherlands

This books travels from Groningen (wonderful University City in the North of the Netherlands, and the place where I was born ;o)) to Leeuwarden (capital city of the proud Frisian people)

enjoy the book Miekster!

Journal Entry 16 by miekster at Leeuwarden, Fryslân (Friesland) Netherlands on Friday, August 23, 2013
Received in the post today, thank you Creative Chaos.
Am curious to see what this Postsecret is.

Journal Entry 17 by miekster at Leeuwarden, Fryslân (Friesland) Netherlands on Thursday, September 05, 2013
I found this book fascinating.
it is strange that when 'reveiling' secrets people often convide in strangers than in family 7 friends.
I hope that some of the people featured with their story, were helped by this way of expressing their problem, or got ( professional) help.

The book will now go to LenaLena.

Journal Entry 18 by miekster at Leeuwarden, Fryslân (Friesland) Netherlands on Thursday, September 05, 2013

Released 5 yrs ago (9/5/2013 UTC) at Leeuwarden, Fryslân (Friesland) Netherlands

On it's way to LenaLena , by post.

Journal Entry 19 by LenaLena at Hoevelaken, Gelderland Netherlands on Tuesday, September 10, 2013
The book arrived safely, thanks for sending! I alwas enjoy the weekly secrets posted on the blog, so I'll guess I'll enjoy this book too.

Journal Entry 20 by LenaLena at Hoevelaken, Gelderland Netherlands on Sunday, October 20, 2013
I really enjoyed the book, I always check the Postsecret blog on Sunday and it's surprising how many secrets there are, some are strange, some are funny and even one or two I recognize as, that could have been one of mine. It's a wonderful project.

What a great story I read above about the familiar school picture! What a coincidence.
===
Aaltsje skips this bookring so I've asked Chris for her address.

Journal Entry 21 by LenaLena at a book ring, fellow bookcrosser -- Controlled Releases on Sunday, November 10, 2013

Released 5 yrs ago (11/10/2013 UTC) at a book ring, fellow bookcrosser -- Controlled Releases

I'll send the book this week to the next reader Chris147

Journal Entry 22 by wingchris147wing at Waddinxveen, Zuid-Holland Netherlands on Tuesday, November 19, 2013
Received this book today.
I look forward to reading it.
No TV or computer on but just a book.
Great way to relax a bit after a busy day at work.

Journal Entry 23 by wingchris147wing at Waddinxveen, Zuid-Holland Netherlands on Tuesday, July 01, 2014
Liked to read this book.
I'm taking it to the meeting in Castricum for the next reader.
If she doesn't want it, I'll release it.

Journal Entry 24 by wingAaltsjewing at Terschelling West, Fryslân (Friesland) Netherlands on Wednesday, July 09, 2014
I found this book at the meet up in Castricum.
It had my name on it so I took it home.
Read it on my way home and loved it.
Will be released soon.

Journal Entry 25 by wingAaltsjewing at Bookcrossing Convention 2015 in Oxford, Oxfordshire United Kingdom on Friday, April 10, 2015

Released 4 yrs ago (4/10/2015 UTC) at Bookcrossing Convention 2015 in Oxford, Oxfordshire United Kingdom

On the book buffet

Journal Entry 26 by tiggsybabes at Oxford, Oxfordshire United Kingdom on Saturday, April 25, 2015
I've wanted to look at this book for ages, will read and take to the next meet I attend 😀