The Second Fiddle

by Mary Wesley | Literature & Fiction |
Registered by wingsota48wing of Hokksund, Buskerud fylke Norway on 12/7/2007
Journal Entry 1 by wingsota48wing from Hokksund, Buskerud fylke Norway on Friday, December 07, 2007
"Laura Thornby, independent, individual, and slightly exotic, manages her life with exquisite control. Her affairs are brief but delightful, her career fulfilling, and she copes with her two rather peculiar elderly relatives with wryness and humour. But when she meets twent-three-year-old Claude Bannister, struggling to be a writer, she is swept by an irresistible desire to interfere, manipulate, experiment with him - for his own good, of course. What she does not foresee, however, are the possibilities that he, one day, may write well, and that she might fall in love."

This book is a left-over from a cousin's bookshelf. I will read it before I send it traveling.

Journal Entry 2 by wingsota48wing from Hokksund, Buskerud fylke Norway on Saturday, December 15, 2007
Some fairly odd characters, partly amusing. An easy read.

Journal Entry 3 by wingsota48wing at Kaffe & Krem, Vika in -- wild release somewhere in Oslo, Oslo fylke Norway on Saturday, January 05, 2008

Released 11 yrs ago (1/6/2008 UTC) at Kaffe & Krem, Vika in -- wild release somewhere in Oslo, Oslo fylke Norway

I will bring the book to the BC-meetup. Will leave it on the shelf if no one else decides to take it.

Journal Entry 4 by Jannike from -- wild release somewhere in Oslo, Oslo fylke Norway on Sunday, January 06, 2008
Fikk boken på BookCrossing treff på Kaffe og Krem i Oslo i dag. Det så ut som en lettlest og underholdende bok, trenger det innimellom. Takk for boken, sota48.

Journal Entry 5 by Jannike from -- wild release somewhere in Oslo, Oslo fylke Norway on Sunday, February 10, 2008
The book was well written, sometimes funny and some interesting characters, but the story was not impressively constructed. I liked the first parts best.
I will bring it to our meeting in Oslo today, and release the book there.

Journal Entry 6 by mirthful from Trondheim, Sør-Trøndelag fylke Norway on Sunday, June 15, 2008
Picked it up at the OBCZ yesterday, it looks interesting.

Journal Entry 7 by mirthful at Trondheim, Sør-Trøndelag fylke Norway on Saturday, September 25, 2010
I never got around to this, but brought it to Germany and plan to hand it on at a meetup in Mainz this evening.

Journal Entry 8 by jokey at Mainz, Rheinland-Pfalz Germany on Saturday, September 25, 2010
25.09.10: I took it at the Meet-up in Mainz. Wow, I thought, a far-travelling book! And a way to keep the contact to Mirthful who just jumped to our meet-up which takes place at the 25th in the un-even months of the year. Also bookcrossers travel far... Hmhm - "Second fiddle" is the title, I like to play saxophon (there is no connection at all, I know).
21.10.10: Sorry, I am just bored...

Journal Entry 9 by jokey at Mainz, Rheinland-Pfalz Germany on Wednesday, November 24, 2010

Released 8 yrs ago (11/26/2010 UTC) at Mainz, Rheinland-Pfalz Germany

Uni Sportler-Klause

Journal Entry 10 by justin23 at Mainz, Rheinland-Pfalz Germany on Friday, November 26, 2010
And now it's ended up with me. :-)

Journal Entry 11 by justin23 at Mainz, Rheinland-Pfalz Germany on Tuesday, December 14, 2010
I should've been able to identify with poor, struggling Claude Bannister, but I'm afraid I'm another one who almost fell asleep while reading this book. :-) It'll accompany me to the Frankfurt Meetup tonight - maybe it'll find a more congenial reader there.

Journal Entry 12 by wingolagoriewing at Oberursel, Hessen Germany on Monday, April 04, 2011

I caught this book at a Meet-Up.

I really tried to get "into" the book, but couldn't connect to the main characters, I am afraid.

The book is probably going to travel to Vancouver, Canada this week.

Released 8 yrs ago (4/3/2011 UTC) at Stanley Park (details in notes) in Vancouver, British Columbia Canada

Liebe Finderin, lieber Finder,

Gratulation, dass Du dieses Buch gefunden hast! Ich hoffe, es gefällt Dir. Du hast nicht nur ein Buch, sondern eine ganze Gemeinschaft von Leserinnen und Lesern gefunden, die Bücher lieben. Schau Dir die Seite mal an! Vielleicht willst Du Bookcrossing ja beitreten? Das ist anonym, kostenlos und macht Spaß!

Hello! Bookcrossing is a online community of book lovers dedicated to sharing books with each other and the world at large. We are curious to see how far and wide it will travel and how its readers like it. Feel free to read and keep this book, pass it on to a friend or leave it somewhere else for the next reader. If you journal this book as a member, then you will hear from the book as it travels around. Happy reading!