I Never Promised You a Rose Garden

by Hannah Green | Women's Fiction |
ISBN: 0330320459 Global Overview for this book
Registered by wingcrimson-tidewing of Balingup, Western Australia Australia on 12/7/2007
Journal Entry 1 by wingcrimson-tidewing from Balingup, Western Australia Australia on Friday, December 7, 2007
From the Author:
"I wrote this book as a way of describing mental illness without the romanticisation that it underwent in the sixties and seventies when people were Taking LSD to stimulate what they thought was a liberating experience. During those days people often confused creativity with insanity. There is no creativity in madness; madness is the opposite of creativity, although people may be creative in spite of being mentally ill. I also wanted to steer away from melodrama, and to deal with the stigma of mental illness, but not to concentrate on it."

Different cover art.

Journal Entry 2 by wingcrimson-tidewing at Amy Brown Cottage in Balingup, Western Australia Australia on Wednesday, February 20, 2008

Released 14 yrs ago (2/20/2008 UTC) at Amy Brown Cottage in Balingup, Western Australia Australia

On the verandah.

*****************************************************************************************************************

Thank you for picking up this book & I hope you enjoy it. You have not only found yourself a book, but a whole community of book-lovers dedicated to sharing books with each other and the world at large.

I hope that you will make a journal entry letting me know that this book has found a good home with you. You can do this anonymously if you wish. When you finish the book, please visit here again and share what you thought about the book.

Feel free to read and keep the book, or pass it on to a friend, or even set it free "in the wild" for someone else to find like you did.

If you register you will be alerted by email each time someone makes another journal entry. It is completely confidential (you are known only by your screen name and no one is ever given your e-mail address), totally free, and spam-free.

If you do decide to join BookCrossing, please tell them that crimson-tide sent you.

I hope that you will enjoy the BookCrossing experience!

Released for:
Week #7 of the 2008 "Never Judge a Book by its Cover" Release Challenge
The 2008 “Leap into the Wild 366” Release Challenge

Journal Entry 3 by alinbas from Balingup, Western Australia Australia on Thursday, February 21, 2008
Thanks for leaving the book. Will write more when I have read it.

Journal Entry 4 by alinbas from Balingup, Western Australia Australia on Wednesday, February 27, 2008
fascinating book giving insight into mental illness