The Sunday Philosophy Club

by Alexander McCall Smith | Mystery & Thrillers |
Registered by Samrana of Birmingham, West Midlands United Kingdom on 12/28/2007
Journal Entry 1 by Samrana from Birmingham, West Midlands United Kingdom on Friday, December 28, 2007
Accomplished philosopher Isobel Dalhousie knows all about the difference between good and bad, which is probably why she is an amateur sleuth. Instinct tells her that the man who fell to his death from Edinburgh's Usher Hall may have been pushed...

By the author of 'The Ladies No 1 Detective agency' I thought it wasn't quite up to the same standard of characterisation and not quite so engaging.

Journal Entry 2 by Samrana at Birmingham, West Midlands United Kingdom on Sunday, December 16, 2018

Released 1 yr ago (12/20/2018 UTC) at Birmingham, West Midlands United Kingdom

Released by hand as part of a not so secret Santa present. Enjoy!

Journal Entry 3 by loribee at West Heath Community Centre in Birmingham, West Midlands United Kingdom on Saturday, January 12, 2019

Released 1 yr ago (1/15/2019 UTC) at West Heath Community Centre in Birmingham, West Midlands United Kingdom

Going on to the bookshelf in the entrance to the community centre.

Journal Entry 4 by loribee at Birmingham, West Midlands United Kingdom on Saturday, January 12, 2019
I'd read the first chapter years ago (maybe a taster at the back of another AMcS book of different series. Since I'd wondered what really happened to the young man in the upper circle, I was delighted to find this book in my generous and varied Secret Santa present!
Isabel Dalhousie is, like me, someone who wants to understand people's behaviour and is therefore nosy!
A few weeks ago I bought the third book in this series from a charity shop to read on a train. I found it enjoyable and interim developments in Isabel's spinster life surprising! Now I must get hold of the second in the series.