The Last Mile Home

by Di Morrissey | Literature & Fiction |
Registered by HeatherA of Corlette, New South Wales Australia on 12/2/2007
Journal Entry 1 by HeatherA from Corlette, New South Wales Australia on Sunday, December 2, 2007
from the back cover:
It is 1953 in a small country town in Australia, a time of postwar prosperity & hope.
The Holtens are wealthy austere graziers who have lived on the land for generations. The McBrides are a large & loving shearer's family who are new arrivals to the district. When the McBrides eldest daughter falls in love with the Holtens only son & heir, the barriers to their love seem overwhelming.
But in the end, their love triumps even over tradgedy....and hope & joy are their enduring legacy.

This is one of the best written stories I have read, maybe it's because it was set in a time that I remember from my childhood but I don't think that is the only reason. I can certainly say that I really enjoyed this & was a little sorry it came to an end.

Journal Entry 2 by HeatherA from Corlette, New South Wales Australia on Sunday, March 9, 2008
I have passed this book onto a fellow BC member, I hope you enjoy it cassiesmum.

Journal Entry 3 by cassiesmum from Waratah, New South Wales Australia on Sunday, March 9, 2008
Received in the post. This is a really good read especially if you are interested in the Australian way of life back in the 50s. I couldn't put it down once I started and wished that it had gone on a bit longer.
I now look forward to reading more of Di Morrissey's work.

Journal Entry 4 by cassiesmum from Waratah, New South Wales Australia on Friday, May 23, 2008

Setting free on Sunday 25th May at the Source Cafe.

Journal Entry 5 by telford from Newcastle, New South Wales Australia on Tuesday, June 3, 2008
Looking forward to reading tjhis while I am in Melbourne next week. Will probably leave it there.

Journal Entry 6 by telford from Newcastle, New South Wales Australia on Tuesday, July 15, 2008
Idid not have time to finish reading, before I had to leave it

Journal Entry 7 by telford at RMIT (Details in notes) in Melbourne CBD, Victoria Australia on Tuesday, July 15, 2008

Released 13 yrs ago (7/8/2008 UTC) at RMIT (Details in notes) in Melbourne CBD, Victoria Australia