The Woman Next Door ~ Join This BookRing!!!

by Barbara Delinsky | Literature & Fiction |
Registered by ShyAnn of Oakdale, California USA on 3/7/2003
Journal Entry 1 by ShyAnn from Oakdale, California USA on Friday, March 07, 2003
I have had this title in my TBR for quite awhile and wish to share it with others while I finish some of my current book commitments. I will be setting up a BookRing for the book:)

From the Publisher
New York Times bestselling author Barbara Delinsky paints an ingenious portrait of the secrets inside every marriage in a sharp-eyed novel filled with suspense and surprise. Three married couples in peaceful suburban Connecticut are challenged and forever changed by the presence of the woman next door...
Along with their husbands, Amanda, Karen, and Georgia are a close-knit circle of friends enjoying seemingly ideal lives in an upscale neighborhood. But when they learn that their lovely younger neighbor, widowed for a year and presumably still unattached, is pregnant, the strains and imperfections of their lives come into full focus. As they ponder who the father might be, each of the women harbors suspicions about her own husband -- and each is forced to a crisis point that will strengthen or shatter her marriage.

Happy Reading!

Journal Entry 2 by ShyAnn from Oakdale, California USA on Thursday, November 20, 2003
BookRing!!!

Open BookRing! I am planning on sending the book on it's journey on December 8th! After I have sent the book to the first person on the list, new participants must be open to ship anywhere. Thank you for participating and Happy Reading:)

Here is the order for this book so far:

ShyAnn (Me) ~ (California)+++
wendy8869 ~ (California)***
jarrett622 ~ (Virginia)
....
....
Back to me/ShyAnn ~ (California)

***Wishes only to ship within the US
^^^Wishes only to ship within the US and Canada
+++Will ship Internationally
---Wishes only to ship within Europe

Here are the rules:

1. When you receive the book, make a journal entry so we all get the thrill of knowing where it's at.

2. Send a private message (PM) to the next person in line for their address. If they do not respond within three days, PM them again. If they do not respond within a week of your first message, PM the person after them and contact me.

3. Read the book, within 30 days, and make a journal entry to tell us what you have thought about the book. You can be as brief or as lengthy as you wish with your thoughts about the book.
Please remember, that there are many anxious readers patiently waiting to read the book after you. Please bear this in mind! If you tend to be a slow reader, like myself, and need the month to finish the book, please make a periodic journal entry indicating how far you are into the story, or thoughts about what you have read so far. This way we know that the book has not been forgotten in your ‘to-be-read’ garden:)

4. When you are ready to send the book to the next person in line, make release notes/a journal entry to say when the book is leaving your hands and who'll be catching it next, and pop it into the post!

5. To the last person on the list: Please PM me and I will send you my mailing address:)

Thank you for participating!

***When you receive a PM from the person before you, letting you know that you are next in line, and you find yourself overwhelmed with book commitments,(or just life in general) Please PM me and I may be able to move you farther down the list.

Journal Entry 3 by ShyAnn at Fellow BookCrosser in Oakdale, California USA on Monday, December 08, 2003
Released on Monday, December 08, 2003 at USPS-Mailing to Fellow BookCrosser in Oakdale, California USA.

This book is on it's way to the first person on the BookRing list, tchrdng in Tennessee:)

Enjoy!

Journal Entry 4 by tchrdng from Jonesborough, Tennessee USA on Thursday, December 18, 2003
Caught it........yesterday! I'm on chapter 5 and I like it. It's about a lot more than just infidelity. The infertility issues help add a depth to the characters I can relate to. I have my suspicions already who the daddy is……..hee hee

Journal Entry 5 by tchrdng from Jonesborough, Tennessee USA on Saturday, December 27, 2003
I have been putting off writing this journal entry. I didn't really care for this book. It started off good and I thought I was going to like it. But then, I felt the characters became predictable. They reminded me of cookie cutter characters. Maybe if I didn't live in a little neighborhood similar to the one described (which can be found all over California and elsewhere too, I'm sure), or maybe if I didn't go through infertility procedures, maybe then I would have liked it more. I found the characters irritating. I had higher expectations. :(

Maybe someone else will like it more. It would have been a fine read on a plane or at the beach. Something light to fill up my time.

Sending it to Nick in Kingsport!

Journal Entry 6 by nmarshall88 from Kingsport, Tennessee USA on Tuesday, January 13, 2004
I recieved this book fronm tchrdng tonight before the meetup. I will start it soon.

Journal Entry 7 by nmarshall88 from Kingsport, Tennessee USA on Thursday, January 15, 2004
I am about half way through-chapter 10-and like it somewhat. I must say that some of the characters are sterotypical. It is a break-a welcomed one at that-from my usually reading. Will journal when I have finished it and am ready to send it on.

Journal Entry 8 by nmarshall88 from Kingsport, Tennessee USA on Saturday, January 17, 2004
I finished this book last night and was a little let down by the ending. There were a few parts that were good but not enough to make it a serious work of literature. Will pass it on to the next person on the list as soon as I get their address.