The Queen of the Damned

by Anne Rice | Literature & Fiction |
Registered by wingLeishaCamdenwing of Alna bydel, Oslo fylke Norway on 11/30/2007
Journal Entry 1 by wingLeishaCamdenwing from Alna bydel, Oslo fylke Norway on Friday, November 30, 2007
This copy has a slightly different cover from the one shown.

The blurb:

'After 6,000 years of horrifying stillness, Akasha, mother of all vampires and Queen of the Damned, has risen from her sleep to let loose the powers of the night.

But her monstrous plan for ruling the worlds of the living and the undead must be stopped before she destroys mankind, and it falls to the evil vampire Lestat to fight her all-encompassing evil - for it is he who challenged her power by waking her from sleep.

'Pulses with menace, mystery and violence, and with a sensuality verging on erotica'
Publishers Weekly

Also in The Vampire Chronicles

INTERVIEW WITH THE VAMPIRE
'One of the most wonderful, erotic, sensual books ever written' Sting

THE VAMPIRE LESTAT
'Dizzying narrative flights ... as brilliant as the first; it is funnier, wilder, and more disturbing' New York Times'

This is a paperback copy from Warner Books, a reprint from 1995, I think. The book was originally published in 1988.

This is the third book in the Vampire Chronicles, and IMO it's one of the best books in the series. It's a pretty crazy story, but it's completely engrossing ... I remember when I read it I was totally absorbed in it. Wonderful characters. V. typically Rice ... and a definite must-read for anyone who enjoyed 'The Vampire Lestat'.

I got this book at a flea market at Ellingsrud elementary school on Saturday, April 21st, 2007.

Released 3 mos ago (4/11/2019 UTC) at Oslo Visitor Centre, Østbanehallen in Oslo Sentrum, Oslo fylke Norway

In the zone!