Max The Mighty

by Rod Philbrick | Children's Books | This book has not been rated.
Registered by crrcookie of Tecumseh, Oklahoma USA on 11/28/2007
Journal Entry 1 by crrcookie from Tecumseh, Oklahoma USA on Wednesday, November 28, 2007
This book was purchased from the Citizens for the Charles County Public Library, Inc. (C4CCPL) Used-Book Store, located on the lower level of the La Plata Branch Library. Citizens for the Charles County Public Library, Inc. (C4CCPL) is a non-profit, all volunteer group dedicated to expand public awareness and support for the Charles County, Maryland, Public Library system.

I got this book back on October 20th. They ended their big week long sale by selling books for $1 per bag. I got 10 bags of books that I can register and release!

This is a book that I don’t care to read before releasing it. I hope that the finder of this book enjoys it and has fun with BookCrossing.

Released 11 yrs ago (4/27/2008 UTC) at Day of the Book (street festival) on Howard Avenue in Kensington, Maryland USA

INTERNATIONAL DAY OF THE BOOK
Welcome to Old Town Kensington's Celebration of the International Day of the Book.

April twenty-third (the festival is on the nearest Sunday) is a symbolic day in world literature. Declared as International Day of the Book by UNESCO in 1995, this celebration of books and literature draws its inspiration from a Catalan tradition, the Festival of the Rose.

Legend has it that Saint George, Patron Saint of Catalonia and international knight-errant, slew a dragon about to devour a beautiful Catalan princess. From the dragon's blood sprouted a rosebush, from which the hero plucked the prettiest rose for the princess. Hence the traditional Rose Festival celebrated in Barcelona since the Middle Ages to honor chivalry and love. In 1923, this lover's "festa" became even more poetic when it merged with "el dia del llibre", or The Day of the Book, to mark the nearly simultaneous deaths of Miguel de Cervantes and William Shakespeare, the two giants of literary history, on April 23, 1616.

On this day in Barcelona, bookstalls and street festivities run the length of the picturesque La Rambla, the old city's main boulevard and, according to the Spanish author Garcia Lorca, "the only street in the world which I wish would never end".

The Town of Kensington, Kensington Literary Group, and the Pauli Bellet Foundation Catalan Library, invite you to celebrate this wonderful day on Howard Ave, our "La Rambla".

Thanks for picking up one of the BookCrossing books that you found at the festival or selected from our booth. If you are joining BookCrossing please consider entering crrcookie as the member that referred you.

Welcome to BookCrossing!

Journal Entry 3 by crrcookie from Tecumseh, Oklahoma USA on Wednesday, April 30, 2008
This book was left over after the end of the International Day of the Book Festival in Kensington, MD. We gave away over 1,200 books and this was one that I brought home with me. I hope that I will be able to continue its travels soon.

Journal Entry 4 by crrcookie from Tecumseh, Oklahoma USA on Saturday, June 21, 2008
One of my favorite features of BookCrossing is the opportunity to track books where ever they may go. We just moved from Waldorf, MD to Bolling Air Force Base in Washington D.C. and it is time to update each book's location and make sure that we have located each book after the move.

This book was in my available for release pile and I didn't want to movers to pack it in with the Permanent Collection books and the To Be Read so I moved a couple boxes of books myself. I'm just now getting around to journaling the ones that haven't already moved on. I hope to find a release spot for this book soon.

Journal Entry 5 by crrcookie at Iron Hill Museum in Newark, Delaware USA on Sunday, July 13, 2008

Released 11 yrs ago (7/13/2008 UTC) at Iron Hill Museum in Newark, Delaware USA

As KateKintail and I were headed from the Washington, D.C. area to Audubon, Pennsylvania for a meeting with ABXC (Audubon BookCrossing Club) we crossed into Delaware for a few minutes. KateKintail pipes up and says, "can we stop somewhere for a release since I've never released in Delaware?" Always game for a little adventure I headed off the highway because we saw a sign that mentioned a park and a museum. After a few wrong turns into residential areas we located the museum and pulled in for a couple of quick book drops.

I left this book just into the Iron Mine Trail a few feet. It is off to the left side propped on a log. KateKintail took this picture for me.

Update: 14 July 2008 - KateKintail's book was journaled. Campinghamster said that only the bag holding my book remained so it was caught! I'm now waiting for a journal entry!!!

Link to KateKintail's book The Catcher in the Rye