Imitation in Death

by J. D. Robb | Mystery & Thrillers |
ISBN: 0425191583 Global Overview for this book
Registered by wingAceofHeartswing of Mississauga, Ontario Canada on 11/26/2007
Journal Entry 1 by wingAceofHeartswing from Mississauga, Ontario Canada on Monday, November 26, 2007
From the Publisher
Summer is drawing to a violent close when a killer makes his debut with the mutilation of a prostitute. His calling card: a personal note to Lieutenant Eve Dallas

Journal Entry 2 by wingAceofHeartswing at Mississauga, Ontario Canada on Saturday, February 25, 2012
This time around a serial killer is killing people in the fashion of famous serial killers starting with Jack the Ripper. He leaves a note for Eve at the scene of his crimes, making it personal . Is Eve on the hit list? The list of suspects are either diplomats or celebrities making the questioning more difficult as these people put up obstacles.

Peabody is slated to take the detectives exam and the reader struggles right along with her as she studies. Peabody does not want to let her boss down and the stress of the exam is guaranteed to drive not only Peabody nuts but also Eve

The other usual characters are back and the sex scenes with Roarke are as good as always. Love this series

Journal Entry 3 by HoserLauren at Mississauga, Ontario Canada on Tuesday, January 08, 2013
Reading now!

Journal Entry 4 by HoserLauren at Mississauga, Ontario Canada on Thursday, January 17, 2013
This is yet another book in the futuristic detective series featuring Eve Dallas. This time, she is called to gruesome crime scene where a licensed companion had been slashed in the throat and then had her pelvic area removed from her body. A note is left on the scene addressing Dallas directly. Dallas' aide, Peabody, can't handle the scene. The two set out to figure out who this killer is and realize that the killer imitated Jack the Ripper with the murder.

As they track down the stationary used with the note, another murder happens, copying a different serial killer. Eve knows she needs to track down this egotistical killer quickly. At the same time, Peabody is getting ready for her detective's exam which she is very nervous about.

This novel has what you come to expect from the series. Usually there's a good amount of personal life included from Dallas. This one had a little less so, I'm interested to hear about Mavis' baby but she was hardly mentioned at all in this book.

My biggest gripe with this book is that the cover ruins the entire book. It basically tells you who the murderer is. I've never had this problem before! Whoever designed the cover is an idiot!

Journal Entry 5 by wingAceofHeartswing at Mississauga, Ontario Canada on Sunday, January 20, 2013
This book is back with me :)

Journal Entry 6 by HoserLauren at Mississauga, Ontario Canada on Sunday, December 22, 2013
My mom, AceofHearts, passed away from breast cancer on September 17, 2013. Aside from being one of the best people I know, she was an avid reader and took immense pleasure in Bookcrossing, her book club, and reading many great books.

I will be passing this along to ChronicBooker.

Journal Entry 7 by HoserLauren at PATH (Toronto's downtown walkway) in Toronto, Ontario Canada on Tuesday, July 28, 2015

Released 3 yrs ago (7/27/2015 UTC) at PATH (Toronto's downtown walkway) in Toronto, Ontario Canada

To the finder of this book: I hope you enjoy reading this book. Please keep it or set it free when you're done. If the book is of no interest to you, please release it into the wild for someone else to find and enjoy. I hope you will make a journal entry so its journey can be tracked and to let me know the book has been found. You can remain anonymous if you wish, but if you join BookCrossing, you are in for a great experience and I do hope you will use my mom, AceofHearts, as a referring member.