The Captains and the Kings

by Jennifer Johnston | Literature & Fiction |
Registered by wingcrimson-tidewing of Balingup, Western Australia Australia on 11/26/2007
Journal Entry 1 by wingcrimson-tidewing from Balingup, Western Australia Australia on Monday, November 26, 2007
Synopsis:
"Old Mr Prendergast lives in the gloomy splendour of a family mansion. He remembers his loveless marriage, his ghost of a father, and, with bitterness, his bejewelled mother, who lavished love on his brother. Then young Diarmid arrives, offering him gifts of curiosity, innocence and friendship."

Journal Entry 2 by wingcrimson-tidewing at Amy Brown Cottage in Balingup, Western Australia Australia on Saturday, December 8, 2007

Released 14 yrs ago (12/8/2007 UTC) at Amy Brown Cottage in Balingup, Western Australia Australia

On the corner of the verandah.

*****************************************************************************************************************

Thank you for picking up this book & I hope you enjoy it. You have not only found yourself a book, but a whole community of book-lovers dedicated to sharing books with each other and the world at large.

I hope that you will make a journal entry letting me know that this book has found a good home with you. You can do this anonymously if you wish. When you finish the book, please visit here again and share what you thought about the book.

Feel free to read and keep the book, or pass it on to a friend, or even set it free "in the wild" for someone else to find like you did.

If you register you will be alerted by email each time someone makes another journal entry. It is completely confidential (you are known only by your screen name and no one is ever given your e-mail address), totally free, and spam-free.

If you do decide to join BookCrossing, please tell them that crimson-tide sent you.

I hope that you will enjoy the BookCrossing experience!

Released for week #48 of the 2007 "Never Judge a Book by its Cover" Release Challenge,
and also for the "What's In A Name Release Challenge".

Journal Entry 3 by alinbas from Balingup, Western Australia Australia on Saturday, December 15, 2007
The book was left on the verandah of my shop. I have enjoyed reading it and welcome the introduction to an author who I may not otherwise have come across. I will pass it to my daughter and at the same time introduce her to the website in the hope that she will become involved. Thank you to whoever has introduced this to me