Boomer's Journal

by R. E. Kelley | Children's Books |
Registered by wingFiregirlwing of Annandale, Virginia USA on 11/22/2007
Journal Entry 1 by wingFiregirlwing from Annandale, Virginia USA on Thursday, November 22, 2007
From back cover: I don't guess I'm much of a writer. But my life, it's turned weird lately, and I thought maybe if I put it down on paper everything would make more sense. See, all kinds of stuff has been going on. There's my dad, and the trouble he brung. Then there's this girl I kind of like, only I had to get into a fight because of her. There was a flood, too. Man, was that something! So I wrote it down, and then it got made into a book, and here it is. I hope you'll like it okay.

Journal Entry 2 by wingFiregirlwing from Annandale, Virginia USA on Friday, December 14, 2007
Added as a random extra book in a box going out to Tempestsans.

Journal Entry 3 by tempestsans from Canton, Georgia USA on Tuesday, January 01, 2008
arrived in the bookbox while i was traveling this week

thanks for sharing!

Journal Entry 4 by tempestsans at SoHo Bagel OBCZ - Towne Lake Parkway in Woodstock, Georgia USA on Thursday, August 14, 2008

Released 10 yrs ago (8/14/2008 UTC) at SoHo Bagel OBCZ - Towne Lake Parkway in Woodstock, Georgia USA

released onto the shelves

released for 2008 leap into the wild challenge

Journal Entry 5 by JennyC1230 from Woodstock, Georgia USA on Thursday, September 04, 2008
Caught this book yesterday for my daughter when going into Soho for a chicken salad sandwich. Yum! :-)

Journal Entry 6 by RCOUFan at Woodstock, Georgia USA on Saturday, August 10, 2013
My mom JennyC1230 gave me this book to read. I finished it and now it's ready to find a new home.

Journal Entry 7 by JennyC1230 at -- Bookbox, -- By post or by hand/ in person -- USA on Wednesday, January 15, 2014

Released 5 yrs ago (1/15/2014 UTC) at -- Bookbox, -- By post or by hand/ in person -- USA

This book is starting out in the Teens Shrinking Bookbox.

Journal Entry 8 by wingGoryDetailswing at Nashua, New Hampshire USA on Tuesday, January 21, 2014
I'm taking this well-traveled book from the Teens Bookbox, attracted by the first-person-journal format.

Later: This was a surprisingly harrowing story, starting with the loss of young Boomer's beloved dog in a very gruesome manner. [The journal format means that we learn about it as Boomer did, via someone else's account, but it's still painful.] Boomer's family life is pretty tough anyway, with an alcoholic and abusive father who seems to be getting worse. Luckily, he finds support and friendship in other places, but he still has to go through quite a lot before he earns a hopeful - if not certain - ending.

Released 5 yrs ago (2/10/2014 UTC) at Christopher's Subs and Pizza, 264 Main Dunstable in Nashua, New Hampshire USA

I left this book in the wall rack of reading material for customers inside Christopher's Subs at around 5; hope the finder enjoys it!