Crow Lake: A Novel

by Mary Lawson | Literature & Fiction |
Registered by bothynights of Calgary, Alberta Canada on 11/21/2007
Journal Entry 1 by bothynights from Calgary, Alberta Canada on Wednesday, November 21, 2007
I bought this for a friend for their birthday. Ironically, I helped to organize a charity book sale at work - and one of the first books that was donated was this one (which I was planning to buy ew since I hadn't had any luck finding it used :)

I'm not really big into consumerism or material things - so I consider myself very fortunate to have a girlfriend that is O.K. with me buying her a used book, and then for me to BookCross it for her when she is done with it. BookCrossing very much fits into my (and her) philosophy of sharing with the world :)

So, I hope she loves this book (she loved the other one she read by Mary Lawson) - we had a great birthday (including wing night with some good friends), with the second half of her gift to follow this weekend with a play that we have both wanted to see for a while...

And if you are new to BookCrossing, welcome and Enjoy - it is a friendly place!

Journal Entry 2 by bothynights from Calgary, Alberta Canada on Tuesday, September 16, 2008
I actually ended up reading this before passing it on - great read! Had never read any Mary Lawson before, and really enjoyed it!

Released 10 mos ago (9/10/2023 UTC) at LFL - 7903 - 71 Ave NW (78 Street) - Silver Springs in Calgary, Alberta Canada

Thank you for picking up this book. If you’re new to BookCrossing and find this book, go to www.bookcrossing.com, and make a journal entry to let me know that this book has found a good home with you. You may choose to remain anonymous or to join (it's free). If you join, you’ll be alerted by e-mail each time someone makes another journal entry for this specific copy of this book.

I hope you'll join BookCrossing (doesn't cost anything to join!). When you’ve finished reading this book and are ready to send it on its way again, make a journal entry then a release note: either 'controlled' if you are giving or sending this book to a known person, or a 'wild' release if you are leaving it somewhere hoping for anyone to "catch".

Then watch its journey. You’ll be alerted by e mail each time someone makes another journal entry. It’s all confidential (you’re known only by your screen name and no one is ever given your e-mail address) and spam-free.

Enjoy the site, the book and hopefully the BookCrossing community - it is a friendly place :) If you’re already a BookCrossing member, thank you for picking up this book.

Happy BookCrossing!