Mind Prey

by John Sandford | Mystery & Thrillers |
Registered by whiskeyjane of Albuquerque, New Mexico USA on 11/21/2007
Journal Entry 1 by whiskeyjane from Albuquerque, New Mexico USA on Wednesday, November 21, 2007
Publishers Weekly review - Minneapolis PD Deputy Chief Lucas Davenport, seen last in Night Prey, carries on as a smart, quirky hero in the 7th book in the "Prey" series. When psychiatrist Andi Manette and her 2 young daughters are kidnapped, Lucas must discover whether it's a ransom snatch, the work of one of Andi's ex-patients or the ruse of someone in her life who might benefit from her death. (Her father, stepmother, estranged husband and medical partner are all good suspects.) Readers know the kidnapper is John Mail, a scary ex-patient who's entertained nasty dreams of Andi for years. He enacts his violent sex fantasies with the imprisoned Andi. It seems only a matter of time before he will go after the girls. Lucas, meanwhile, draws on all available resources, including his own computer game company, to flush out Mail, a gamer who enjoys taunting Lucas with phone calls. During this time, Andi has been trying to maintain an element of control and contrive an escape.

Journal Entry 2 by whiskeyjane from Albuquerque, New Mexico USA on Tuesday, December 11, 2007

In the mail to sleepymom - RABCK. Saw it on her wishlist.

WELCOME TO BOOKCROSSING Congratulations! You found a bookcrossing book! This book has been set free. It is yours to keep or share. Please take a moment to make a brief journal entry to let me know the book has found a new home.

Journal Entry 3 by sleepymom from Bayfield, Colorado USA on Sunday, December 16, 2007
I received this surprise RABCK today in the mail. Thanx so much for sharing with me. I haven't read one of his books in ages.

Journal Entry 4 by sleepymom from Bayfield, Colorado USA on Sunday, May 17, 2009
I always forget how much I enjoy his books until I read one again. Thanks so much for sharing this book. This book has a killer that is also a gamer that is enjoying toying with Lucas.

Journal Entry 5 by sleepymom at Durango, Colorado USA on Sunday, April 18, 2010

Released 9 yrs ago (4/19/2010 UTC) at Durango, Colorado USA

Giving to a friend and new bookcrosser. Needed to pare down my available list and she requested this book.

Journal Entry 6 by Kgripp at Cortez, Colorado USA on Wednesday, June 09, 2010
my fave Prey book yet. fast pased read it in 1 night stayed up till 4am just to finish! great book!