Being a Green Mother (Incarnations of Immortality, Book Five)

by Piers Anthony | Science Fiction & Fantasy |
Registered by TQ1 of Jacksonville, Florida USA on 11/20/2007
Journal Entry 1 by TQ1 from Jacksonville, Florida USA on Tuesday, November 20, 2007
One of my favourites of the Incarnations of Immortality series. I'm now placing it in my classroom library to possibly entice new converts to Piers Anthony.

THE GIFT AND THE CURSE
Orb had a rare gift - the magic manifested whenever she sang or played her harp. No one could resist her music. But greater magic than Orb's lay in the Llano, the mystic music that controlled all things. The quest for the Llano occupied Orb's life.
Then she met Natasha. He was handsome, charming - and an even finer musician than she. Natasha began teaching Orb the music of the Llano, and she found herself falling in love with him.
Then Orb's mother Niobe came as an Aspect of Fate, bearing the news that Orb ws chosen for the role of the Incarnation of Nature - the Green Mother. And Niobe warned Orb of the prophecy made years before - that Orb was to marry Evil. Could she be sure that Natasha was not really Satan, the Master of Illusion, laying a trap for her?