Wielding a Red Sword (Incarnations of immortality)

by Piers Anthony | Science Fiction & Fantasy |
Registered by TQ1 of Jacksonville, Florida USA on 11/20/2007
Journal Entry 1 by TQ1 from Jacksonville, Florida USA on Tuesday, November 20, 2007
Book 4 of the seven book Incarnations of Immortality series. I enjoyed this book about a non-warlike Incarnation of War. Now I've placed it in my classroom library to try to entice new Piers Anthony fans.

WAR - AND HELL
Mym was a dutiful son, but his father the Rajah interfered with his love life once too often. Rather than wed without love, he took up the Red Sword, symbol of office of the Incarnation of War.
At first he thought his efforts could ameliorate some of the suffering caused by Earth's constant petty wars. But he found that behind all his involvement were the clever traps of Satan.
When seeming mischance placed him in Hell, Mym organized a great rebellion among the Damned. And Satan seemed to capitulate. But free again, Mym learned that Satan had been busy stirring up riots and war. Now it seemed things had gone too far and Satan must surely win. There was only one desperate chance...