Fire in the Blood

by Irene Nemirovsky | Romance |
Registered by Rivercassini of -- Somewhere in London, Greater London United Kingdom on 11/17/2007
Journal Entry 1 by Rivercassini from -- Somewhere in London, Greater London United Kingdom on Saturday, November 17, 2007
A friend dragged my into Waterstones, really. I didn't want to go into a bookshop but friend was insistent that she needed something to read. I came out with two books. Friend decided she didn't need anything after all. Drat.

Journal Entry 2 by Rivercassini from -- Somewhere in London, Greater London United Kingdom on Saturday, December 27, 2008
A real masterpiece of modern fiction. A very contained study of love and betrayal with real hearts in real people. I've never read anything by Irene Nemirovksy before but I'll certainly be looking out for more.

Read November 2008

Journal Entry 3 by Rivercassini at RABCK, A RABCK -- Controlled Releases on Saturday, December 27, 2008

Released 13 yrs ago (12/27/2008 UTC) at RABCK, A RABCK -- Controlled Releases

Sent to a fellow bookcrosser who has this on their wish list.

Rivercassini

Journal Entry 4 by spiderchic from Droylsden, Greater Manchester United Kingdom on Saturday, January 10, 2009
Received this today. What a lovely surprise!
Thank you so much!

1.2.10 - What a lovely book. I read it one afternoon last week whilst I was off sick from work.

Am reserving for a book exchange.

Journal Entry 5 by lmn60 from Spotswood, Victoria Australia on Monday, March 1, 2010
This one has safely made it to the land of Oz. Where I suspect it won't languish on Mt TBR for too long!!!

Journal Entry 6 by lmn60 at Spotswood, Victoria Australia on Saturday, September 28, 2019
This one took an inordinately long time to move from 'to be read' to 'read'!
What an extraordinary writer Nemirovsky was - and what a tragic loss to literature in her death. This novella gripped me from the beginning and held me throughout. Highly recommended!
I'll take this one along to meetup in hopes another bookcrosser will want it - or set it free to continue its travels...

Journal Entry 7 by lmn60 at Cargo Restaurant in Melbourne CBD, Victoria Australia on Saturday, September 28, 2019

Released 2 yrs ago (9/29/2019 UTC) at Cargo Restaurant in Melbourne CBD, Victoria Australia

To the finder of this book:
Hello and congratulations! You have not only found yourself a good book, but a whole community of booklovers dedicated to sharing books with each other and the world at large. I hope you'll stick around a bit and get to know BookCrossing --maybe even make a journal entry on this book. You may choose to remain anonymous or to join (its free!) And if you do choose to join, I hope you'll consider using me, lmn60, as your referring member. Feel free to read and keep this book, or to pass it on to a friend or even set it out "in the wild" for someone else to find like you did. If you do choose to join and journal, then you can watch the book as it travels- You'll be alerted by email each time someone makes another journal entry. It's all confidential (you're known only by your screen name and no one is ever given your e-mail address), free, and spam-free. Happy reading!