Hardwired

by Walter Jon Williams | Science Fiction & Fantasy | This book has not been rated.
ISBN: 0812519175 Global Overview for this book
Registered by wingLeishaCamdenwing of Alna bydel, Oslo fylke Norway on 11/17/2007
Journal Entry 1 by wingLeishaCamdenwing from Alna bydel, Oslo fylke Norway on Saturday, November 17, 2007
From the front cover:

''A tough, sleek juggernaut of a story ... It has all my favorite things - blood, love, fire, hate and high ideal or two. I wish I'd written this one.'
-Roger Zelazny'

From the back cover:

'Mudboys, dirtgirls, zonedancers, buttonheads, Gravity-well dirth beneath the Orbital platforms which control their world. But the underground and the underworld declare war against the Orbital Heaven: in the air with delta fighters and military shuttles, in the interface of computer fraud and data flow, in flooded slum alleys with lasers and bombs. It's a war with new warriors, new legends.

'Hardwired is his best book to date ... as the parallel plotlines of a hotshot contraband flyer and a sleek bodyguard/assassin develop and gradually intersect, the book takes on a life of its own.' -Locus

'Fans of high-tech SF will enjoy Williams's sizzling prose and fast-moving, taut story.' -Library Journal'

This is a paperback copy from Tor Books, published in 1987. The book was originally published in 1986.

I haven't read this book - yet - I have another copy on my TBR list which I plan to read. But I am a fan of Williams; I have read several of his other books and they have all been fantastic or very good reads. So I feel relatively confident in recommending this even though I haven't read it (yet). :-) Williams is a very skilled and imaginative writer.

I got this book at a flea market at Lilleborg elementary school in Oslo on Saturday, April 14th, 2007.

Journal Entry 2 by wingLeishaCamdenwing from Alna bydel, Oslo fylke Norway on Saturday, November 17, 2007
When I've read my other copy, I will post some profound thoughts here.

Journal Entry 3 by wingLeishaCamdenwing at Klingenberg kino in Oslo Sentrum, Oslo fylke Norway on Saturday, May 23, 2009

Released 12 yrs ago (5/23/2009 UTC) at Klingenberg kino in Oslo Sentrum, Oslo fylke Norway

I will be releasing this book in the lobby later tonight. I'm going there to see Star Trek, so I hope there will be some science fiction nut there who will appreciate finding this book. :-)

Happy travels, little book!! And happy reading to the finder. Please take a moment to leave a journal entry here. You can do so anonymously if you wish, but if you decide to become a member, I hope you will use me, LeishaCamden, as your referring member. :-) Have fun!!