Gilead: A Novel
8 journalers for this copy...
Released 11 yrs ago (11/14/2007 UTC) at
WILD RELEASE NOTES:
1. 4-lele - USA - (US/Canada)
2. olered - USA - (US/Canada)
3. scootergirl1974 - USA - (international)
4. muzette - Canada - (international)
5. lauraloo29 - Canada - (anywhere EXCEPT Canada)
6. Griete - Switzerland - (Europe preferred)<----Book is Here
7. Fire-Dragon - UK - (Europe preferred)
8. AnglersRest - UK - (UK preferred)
9. Megmac - UK - (international)
10. snufkin81 - South Africa -(international)
11. rooshill - USA - (US only)
12. Aramena - USA - (US only)
13. back to literarylover - USA
Just a few bookring guidelines:
-- Journal the book as soon as you receive it, and contact the next person for their mailing address.
-- Take as much time as you need, but try to read within 4-6 weeks so the ring keeps moving along.
-- Take a moment to journal your thoughts on the book when finished. It's interesting to read other's feelings on the book too!
Sending to 4-lele!
I enjoyed the book and will be contacting the next person on the list to keep this bookring moving. Thank you for sharing GILEAD!
Am waiting for scootergirl1974's address.
Although some parts did not touch me because it became to much about details of the various religious dogma, I was particularly interested in some passages. For example: "When you encounter another person, when you ahave dealings with anyone at all, it is as if a question is being put to you. ... What is the Lord asking od me in this moment, in this situation?" I have heard that before, but from the Dalai Lama.
I was touched by this father reflecting on his life for the sake of his son, and also trying to help him by giving him the knowledge of I life time - but also showing a very human face to his son who he might not see grow up.
Yann Martel sent Gilead to Stephen Harper, as part of his 'experiment'.
You can read his thoughts about the book and apparently, it is also one of Obama's favourite book, who is coming to Canada in a few days.
Here is the link: http://www.whatisstephenharperreading.ca/2009/02/02/book-number-48-gilead-by-marilynne-robinson/
I already have Griete's address and will be mailing this week.
Thank you for the chance to read it. :)