Shopaholic Ties the Knot

by Sophie Kinsella | Literature & Fiction |
Registered by Cassandra0629 of Phoenix, Arizona USA on 3/4/2003
Journal Entry 1 by Cassandra0629 from Phoenix, Arizona USA on Tuesday, March 04, 2003
I pre-ordered this book, so I'm expecting it this week. It will rise to the top of my to-be-read list. I'm sure it's as good as the two before it!

Journal Entry 2 by Cassandra0629 from Phoenix, Arizona USA on Saturday, March 08, 2003
While the first two in this series were a bit on the fluffy side--which I like--this one seemed a lot more fluffy. I didn't enjoy it as much as the other two. I just had too many issues with Becky Bloomwood this time around. I thought of about 10 highly plausible excuses to give to her mum about her Plaza wedding, and thought it strange that she could justify not telling her about it by telling herself it would just upset her--I think being forced to purchase two trans-atlantic airline tickets even a week or two in advance would make one far more upset than this fairy tale wedding in another country. I could get over these kinds of things in Confessions and Manhattan, but it was tough this time around. And that Tom fellow, towards the end, trying to disrupt the wedding--how undramatic, undeveloped and non-interesting was that?? However, I am glad that I read it, and if more Becky (Bloomwood) Brandon novels are published, I'm sure that I'll purchase and read those also.

Additionally, there is a teaser at the end of this book for what appears to be another Kinsella series. Apparently a Becky Bloomwood-type character. I look forward to reading those, too.

Journal Entry 3 by Red-Head from Toronto, Ontario Canada on Thursday, April 10, 2003
Can you believe that this book arrived about a week ago and I've only registered it now?

I think it becomes a little more plausible when you find out that my beloved sister (and Maid of Honour) found it first and has been reading it this whole time. And all her friends have seen her reading it and she's promised it to them. Oh, well! I consider this my contribution to the literacy of the youth. Just as long as I get to read it sometime between now and September 6th ;)

Many thanks again to Cassandra0629 for the bookswap and I’ll update my notes when I'm the one who will get to read it.