The Art of Detection

by Laurie R. King | Mystery & Thrillers | This book has not been rated.
Registered by AgnesXNitt of Godmanchester, Cambridgeshire United Kingdom on 11/4/2007
Journal Entry 1 by AgnesXNitt from Godmanchester, Cambridgeshire United Kingdom on Sunday, November 04, 2007
'This thrilling new novel ingeniously bridges Laurie R. King's Edgar and Creasey Awards-winning Kate Martinelli series and her New York Times bestselling series starring Mary Russell. Here, San Francisco homicide Kate Martinelli crosses paths with Sherlock Holmes...or does she?
Kate Martinelli has seen her share of perculiar things at murder scenes, but never anything like this: an ornate Victorian sitting room straight out of a Sherlock Holmes story - complete with gunshots in the wallpaper that spell out the initials of the late queen.
Philip Gilbert was a Holmes fanatic, a leading expert with a collection of priceless memorabilia - a collection some would kill for. And perhaps someone did, for it includes a century-old manuscript purportedly written by Holmes himself, one that must eerily echoes details of Gilbert's own murder. Now Kate must follow the convoluted trail of a killer who may have trained at the feet of the greatest mind of all time.'

A steal from the local library sale table. Obviously read - creased spine and all, but still in quite good nick. I love Laurie R. King's Holmes and Russel novels, thought I haven't read any others by King. Thought I might give this one a go anyway.

Journal Entry 2 by AgnesXNitt from Godmanchester, Cambridgeshire United Kingdom on Thursday, December 06, 2007
Nope, no good. I tried to get into this novel three times, and I just couldn't get started.
So, making AVL for someone else to enjoy.

Journal Entry 3 by AgnesXNitt at Godmanchester, Cambridgeshire United Kingdom on Monday, January 23, 2012
Donated to either Oxfam or British Heart Foundation charity shops in Huntingdon on Saturday 14th January 2012.
I'm moving flats and need the space!!
If you find this book - enjoy - and welcome to the random wonderfulness that is Bookcrossing :)