In Her Shoes

by Jennifer Weiner | Women's Fiction |
Registered by klaradyn of Praha, Praha Czech Republic on 11/4/2007
Journal Entry 1 by klaradyn from Praha, Praha Czech Republic on Sunday, November 04, 2007
I've read this before. I don't usually enjoy this genre, but Weiner's work is an exception. Will read again before releasing.

Journal Entry 2 by klaradyn from Praha, Praha Czech Republic on Tuesday, December 04, 2007
Synopsis from amazon.co.uk: "Rose Feller is thirty years old, a high-powered attorney, with a secret passion for romance novels, an exercise regime she's going to start next week, and dreams of a man who will slide off her glasses, gaze into her eyes, and tell her that she's beautiful. Meet Rose's sister Maggie. Twenty-eight years old, drop-dead gorgeous and only occasionally employed, Maggie is a backing singer in a band called Whiskered Biscuit. She dreams of fame and fortune - and of getting her dowdy big sister to stick to a skin-care regime. These two women with nothing in common but a childhood tragedy, shared DNA, and the same size feet, are about to learn that their family is different than they ever imagined, and that they're more alike than they'd ever believe."

Read this again and it was very enjoyable, funny and touching. I had much more sympathy for the character of Maggie than the first time I read it. Will release at the next BC meetup in Cape Town.

Released 11 yrs ago (12/15/2007 UTC) at The Coffee Bean, Main Road, Rondebosch in Cape Town, Western Cape South Africa

Taking this to the meetup tomorrow afternoon.

Journal Entry 4 by snufkin81 from Cape Town, Western Cape South Africa on Saturday, December 15, 2007
This looks like a light, fun read. I picked it up at the meetup this afternoon and will release it as soon as I've read it.

Journal Entry 5 by snufkin81 at Cape Town, Western Cape South Africa on Friday, July 14, 2017
Still haven't read this, letting it go.

Released 1 yr ago (10/31/2017 UTC) at UCT: Kramer Building, Middle Campus in Cape Town, Western Cape South Africa

Left on the Free Library shelf on Level 2.