Night

Registered by wingAceofHeartswing of Mississauga, Ontario Canada on 10/31/2007
Journal Entry 1 by wingAceofHeartswing from Mississauga, Ontario Canada on Wednesday, October 31, 2007
From Amazon:
In Nobel laureate Elie Wiesel's memoir Night, a scholarly, pious teenager is wracked with guilt at having survived the horror of the Holocaust and the genocidal campaign that consumed his family. His memories of the nightmare world of the death camps present him with an intolerable question: how can the God he once so fervently believed in have allowed these monstrous events to occur? There are no easy answers in this harrowing book, which probes life's essential riddles with the lucid anguish only great literature achieves. It marks the crucial first step in Wiesel's lifelong project to bear witness for those who died.

Journal Entry 2 by wingAceofHeartswing from Mississauga, Ontario Canada on Wednesday, October 31, 2007
My father listened to this and thought it was a very good book

Journal Entry 3 by wingAceofHeartswing from Mississauga, Ontario Canada on Wednesday, October 31, 2007
I listened to this and found it to have such an impact!! I have read the book and found that the written words "I shall never forget" to be so powerful. In this version the death of Weisel's father had me in tears. This version also includes Weisel's Nobel acceptance speech, his preface (which is in some books) and an essay by a Frenchman

Journal Entry 4 by wingAceofHeartswing from Mississauga, Ontario Canada on Sunday, February 10, 2008
Taking to the Oakville Meet-Up to hand to Irenic who will deliver to Chronic

Journal Entry 5 by chronicbooker3 from Hamilton, Ontario Canada on Friday, February 15, 2008
Thanks Dana

Journal Entry 6 by chronicbooker3 from Hamilton, Ontario Canada on Sunday, May 18, 2008
I had a few reservations about listening to this book. The main one was that it would really upset me. I am very glad that I did give it a chance. The narrater did an excellent job and this heartbreaking testament is one that will stay with me for a very long time.

Journal Entry 7 by chronicbooker3 from Hamilton, Ontario Canada on Tuesday, May 27, 2008
This is continuing its journey. Mailed to the next person that grabbed it out of the audio bookbox. Great choice.

Journal Entry 8 by mellion108 from Waterford, Michigan USA on Saturday, June 21, 2008
Awesome. Thanks for sending this my way, chronicbooker3. This is such a powerful book, and I look forward to listening to it. Wiesel is such an amazing writer and speaker, and I have always admired him. I'll listen to this and then pass it along to another lucky listener. Thank you.
Unabridged audio download, 4 CDs, approximately 4 hours, read by George Guidall

Journal Entry 9 by mellion108 from Waterford, Michigan USA on Monday, January 19, 2009
I first read this in high school. A history teacher broke away from the typical curriculum and spent a great deal of time discussing WWII, the Holocaust, etc. That started me on the journey of reading books about the Holocaust. Night is still as hauntingly beautiful, terrifying, gut-wrenching, disturbing, and real as the first time I read it. George Guidall does an absolutely magnificent job narrating this classic. I also really like that this downloaded version includes Wiesel's Nobel Peace Prize acceptance speech, a foreword by French author François Mauriac, and an essay by Wiesel. I held on to each and every word.

Wiesel is a treasure, and Night is one of the most important books ever written. To hear Guidall narrate as Eliezer sees his mother and sister for the last time, observes living humans being thrown into pits of fire, watches as an "angel" is hanged in the camp, questions his faith, berates himself as his father calls out to him with his last dying breath, and always the smoke floating in the background...it's almost too much, and yet it's so touching and beautiful. To think that human beings are capable of such horrifying atrocity.

Thanks so much for sharing this. It is now reserved for Catwoman for the Audiobook VBB on BookObsessed.

Journal Entry 10 by mellion108 from Waterford, Michigan USA on Wednesday, January 28, 2009
Mailed today to Catwoman for the Audio VBB on BookObsessed. Enjoy!

Journal Entry 11 by Catwoman from Sherwood Park, Alberta Canada on Monday, February 9, 2009
Received in the mail today. Thanks for sharing this audiobook with me.

Journal Entry 12 by Catwoman from Sherwood Park, Alberta Canada on Thursday, June 18, 2009
I'm not quite sure what to say about this audiobook. It did not have the same impact on me as it appears to have had on other readers. I listened to it; appreciated it; but it didn't seem to break any new ground. I did like how the author told the story honestly, without expecting pity. The ending seemed too abrupt, like he was too exhausted to say anything more. Worth the listen.

Journal Entry 13 by Catwoman at CAPS 2-100 SUB (table by copier) in Edmonton, Alberta Canada on Saturday, September 8, 2012

Released 10 yrs ago (9/7/2012 UTC) at CAPS 2-100 SUB (table by copier) in Edmonton, Alberta Canada

Released earlier today