The God Delusion

by Richard Dawkins | Religion & Spirituality | This book has not been rated.
Registered by rem_HKR-388626 on 10/31/2007
Journal Entry 1 by rem_HKR-388626 on Wednesday, October 31, 2007
Received from Bookmooch.

Released 15 yrs ago (11/8/2007 UTC) at sent by mail in RABCK, A Bookcrossing member -- Controlled Releases

This was an extra copy. Surprise wishlist RABCK! Enjoy!

Journal Entry 3 by redhot-brat from Delavan, Minnesota USA on Wednesday, November 14, 2007
Thank You very much Breeni. I've been really wanting to read this and see if it lives up to all the hype. I'll pass it on to my daughter next, as I know she's been wanting to read it too.

Journal Entry 4 by redhot-brat from Delavan, Minnesota USA on Wednesday, November 14, 2007
From Scientific American
Richard Dawkins, in The God Delusion, tells of his exasperation with colleagues who try to play both sides of the street: looking to science for justification of their religious convictions while evading the most difficult implications—the existence of a prime mover sophisticated enough to create and run the universe, "to say nothing of mind reading millions of humans simultaneously." Such an entity, he argues, would have to be extremely complex, raising the question of how it came into existence, how it communicates —through spiritons!—and where it resides. Dawkins is frequently dismissed as a bully, but he is only putting theological doctrines to the same kind of scrutiny that any scientific theory must withstand. No one who has witnessed the merciless dissection of a new paper in physics would describe the atmosphere as overly polite.

Journal Entry 5 by redhot-brat from Delavan, Minnesota USA on Wednesday, March 5, 2008
I really wanted to read this, but I have tried twice now and just can't get into it. Sorry Breeni, but thank you so much for thinking of me with the Ranck. It truly is the thought that counts. :)

I am now sending this to Geishabird as it is on her Wishlist and I think it'll be perfect for her Indecisive 08 package. I hope she will do better with it then I did. :)

Journal Entry 6 by geishabird from Toronto, Ontario Canada on Thursday, April 3, 2008
Thanks very much brat. I enjoy Richard Dawkins' books; he's a really interesting fellow.

Journal Entry 7 by geishabird at Toronto, Ontario Canada on Saturday, November 12, 2016
I still haven't gotten around to reading this...and I need to clear out some books so I think I will send it out into the world to find a new home.

Journal Entry 8 by geishabird at Little Free Library @ 104 Winner's Circle in Toronto, Ontario Canada on Sunday, November 13, 2016

Released 6 yrs ago (11/13/2016 UTC) at Little Free Library @ 104 Winner's Circle in Toronto, Ontario Canada

Happy reading!