The Man in the Moss / Crybbe Omnibus

by Phil Rickman | Mystery & Thrillers |
Registered by seldombites of Cambridge Park, New South Wales Australia on 10/28/2007
Journal Entry 1 by seldombites from Cambridge Park, New South Wales Australia on Sunday, October 28, 2007
Synopsis:

THE MAN IN THE MOSS:

Though dead for two millenia, he remains perfectly preserved in black peat. The Man in the Moss is one of the most fascinating finds of the century. But, for the isolated Pennine community of Bridelow, his removal is a sinister sign. A danger to the ancient spiritual tradition maintained, curiously, by the Mother' Union.

In the weeks approaching Samhain - the Celtic feast of the dead - tragedy strikes again and again in Bridelow. Scottish folk singer Moira Cairns and American film producer Mungo Macbeth discover their Celtic roots are deeper and darker than they imagined. And, as fundamentalist zealots of both Christian and Satanic persuasions challenge an older, gentler faith, the village faces a natural disaster unknown since the reign of Henry VIII.

CRYBBE:

For four hundred years the curfew bell has tolled nightly from the church tower of the small country town, Crybbe's only defence against the evil rising unbidden in its haunted streets. Radio reporter Fay Morrison came to Crybbe because she had no choice. Millionaire music tycoon Max Goff came because there was nothing left to conquer, except the power of the spirit. But he knew nothing of the town's legacy of dark magic - and nobody really felt like telling him...

Released 11 yrs ago (10/16/2008 UTC) at Stockland Rockhampton - NO RELEASES PLEASE in Rockhampton, Queensland Australia

Ultimate Challenge 2008 - Garden
2008 Leap Into the Wild 366 - 218

G'day

Welcome to BookCrossing! What you have in your hands is an honest-to-goodness gift, no strings attached. You may keep it forever and ever, pass it on to a friend, or release it in the wild like I did. I know it may seem a little odd to find this lying around--it's my way of touching the lives of others in a positive way and sharing my love of books.

This book started it’s journey in Rockhampton, Qld, Australia and I would like to thank you for letting us know it is still safe and sound. All over the world people are following their book’s travels through BookCrossing & by graciously visiting this site and making an entry you are helping keep this book’s unique travelling history up-to-date.

If you choose to read this book, it would be really great if you could come back and let us know what you thought – as confirmed bookaholics, we love to compare notes! Don’t worry - you can remain anonymous if you wish.

While you don’t have to register or join, I hope you will consider doing so. It’s free, it’s confidential (you are only known by your screen-name), and it’s highly addictive! If you do decide to join, please list myself (fairy-whispers) or any previous reader of this book as your referring member.

For more information about BookCrossing, check out the FAQs on the homepage. For more information about me (fairy-whispers) or any other reader of this book, just click on that person’s screen-name above.

Have a great day and may you always have a good book to read!

Journal Entry 3 by wingAnonymousFinderwing on Thursday, January 08, 2009
I caught hold of this book in Australia while participating in an army exercise. Brought it back to Singapore. I'm going to pass this book on to my friends after I'm done reading it.

CAUGHT IN SINGAPORE SINGAPORE SINGAPORE