Reading "Lolita" in Tehran: A Memoir in Books

by Azar Nafisi | Literature & Fiction |
ISBN: 081297106x Global Overview for this book
Registered by jennannej of Coronado, California USA on 10/27/2007
Journal Entry 1 by jennannej from Coronado, California USA on Saturday, October 27, 2007
I've heard this book mentioned so often in the forums, that I was excited to pick up a copy at the Salvation Army!

Journal Entry 2 by jennannej from Coronado, California USA on Wednesday, June 11, 2008
Read here at Bryce Canyon National Park. Quite a good memoir. My knowledge of Iran and it's revolution is pitifully small, so I found it to be quite an education. The personal view and the references to English literature were fun and interesting. My only disappointment was that she started out with her small bookclub-ish class then jumped back in time and then jumped forward again for the last section. I got confused with all of the people she had in her book.

Journal Entry 3 by jennannej at Osgood, Indiana USA on Friday, December 12, 2008

Released 12 yrs ago (12/12/2008 UTC) at Osgood, Indiana USA

Off to hostile17's house! Farewell wee book!
Nebraska to Indiana.

Journal Entry 4 by book_drunkard from Osgood, Indiana USA on Monday, December 15, 2008
Received this "book for postage" in the mail today.
TYVM.

Journal Entry 5 by book_drunkard at Osgood, Indiana USA on Thursday, December 24, 2020
Brutal ... disturbing ... and in between that, a whole lot of boring.
A very strange book that I'm glad to be done with.

Journal Entry 6 by book_drunkard at by mail, a non-bookcrosser -- Controlled Releases on Tuesday, February 02, 2021

Released 3 mos ago (2/2/2021 UTC) at by mail, a non-bookcrosser -- Controlled Releases

Sending to my niece in Colorado.