A Fabulous Kingdom: The Exploration of the Arctic

Registered by Rivercassini of London, Greater London United Kingdom on 10/27/2007
Journal Entry 1 by Rivercassini from London, Greater London United Kingdom on Saturday, October 27, 2007
This came with a large lot of books we bought at auction recently. Most of the lot have been added to our shop stock but this one doesn’t fit our subject specialities and therefore will be passed on via bookcrossing.

Journal Entry 2 by Xarodoc from Nauheim, Hessen Germany on Sunday, May 25, 2008
I took that book while attending the Bookcrossing Convention in London.

Since childhood I have already read a few books about polar expeditions. They are always fascinating.

Journal Entry 3 by Xarodoc at Nauheim, Hessen Germany on Thursday, August 26, 2010
It soon became obvious that the book is US American, but that was rather amusing.
Towards the end they even admitted that two of their explores claimed, but in truth never reached, the North Pole.
The book also mentions Nunavut, the newest Canadian Territory of the Inuit.
Since it is a rather small volume it only gives a brief overview of the explorers and their trips.
I find the included maps quite helpful.

Now that I have read the book I left it for my co workers at the unofficial BCZ.

Journal Entry 4 by Xarodoc at Essen, Nordrhein-Westfalen Germany on Thursday, October 21, 2010

Released 9 yrs ago (10/22/2010 UTC) at Essen, Nordrhein-Westfalen Germany

So, my co-workers had their chance.

Now the book will travel north to "ruhrCrossing2010".

Journal Entry 5 by wingDiotalleviwing at Stuttgart, Baden-Württemberg Germany on Tuesday, October 26, 2010
Thanks for taking this one to the RuhrCrossing2010 :)

Journal Entry 6 by wingDiotalleviwing at Stuttgart, Baden-Württemberg Germany on Thursday, February 03, 2011
A fascinating book about the history of arctic exploration.

A little US centristic, but that didn't bother me too much. Do like this one and going to turn it into a ring...

Journal Entry 7 by wingDiotalleviwing at Stuttgart, Baden-Württemberg Germany on Thursday, February 03, 2011
Ring - a -ding - ding!

participants:

1) Dani75 (Rudersberg, BW)
2) sonnenscheinHD (Eppelheim, BW) <--hier ist es gerade
3) ... (..., ...)
4) ... (..., ...)
5) ... (..., ...)
6) ... (..., ...)
7) ... (..., ...)
8) ... (..., ...)
9) ... (..., ...)
10) Sheepseeker (Bonn, NRW)

Danach zurück zu mir. Wenn wer Gelegenheit sieht, die Reihenfolge zu optimieren, bitte mir Bescheid geben, so dass ichs hier ändern kann :)

Journal Entry 8 by Dani75 at Rudersberg, Baden-Württemberg Germany on Friday, February 04, 2011
Got this book yesterday at the meet-up and I´m looking forward to reading it!

Released 6 yrs ago (2/2/2013 UTC) at -- Per Post geschickt/ Persönlich weitergegeben --, Baden-Württemberg Germany

Per Post auf dem Weg zu sonnenscheinHD!

Journal Entry 10 by sonnenscheinHD at Eppelheim, Baden-Württemberg Germany on Friday, February 08, 2013
Look what I found in my postbox :-)

Journal Entry 11 by sonnenscheinHD at Eppelheim, Baden-Württemberg Germany on Sunday, March 24, 2013
Quite an interesting story and a lot of historic information. Thanx for sharing.

Will ask for the next adress.

Released 6 yrs ago (7/1/2013 UTC) at Bücherschrank am Wasserturm in Eppelheim, Baden-Württemberg Germany

Bücher sollen reisen :-)