Argosy October 1962

by Various | Literature & Fiction |
Registered by myranya of Zeist, Utrecht Netherlands on 10/23/2007
Journal Entry 1 by myranya from Zeist, Utrecht Netherlands on Tuesday, October 23, 2007
Various short stories of different writers and different genres. While this is called a 'pulp magazine' is printed in book form (at least this one is; Argosy been through quite a few changes in its history) and I've seen far worse both in form and content. As far as I'm concerned, it's a short story pocket. :-P
I liked 'to conquer Ceasar' although it is a bit sad. Also Red Kelly is a nice Old West story about a logger and how he meets and marries the logging company owner's granddaughter. And a very good excerpt from Something Wicked This Way Comes, by Ray Bradbury.

Journal Entry 2 by myranya at Archeon in Alphen aan den Rijn, Zuid-Holland Netherlands on Friday, November 16, 2007

Released 14 yrs ago (12/8/2007 UTC) at Archeon in Alphen aan den Rijn, Zuid-Holland Netherlands

At the Midwinterfair, together with loads of other fantasy, SF, horror, historical fiction and fairy tales for adults and children. Most can be found in a large basket (or two) in the Roman inn, but I also plan to spread a few around in other places on the fair grounds.

Journal Entry 3 by Towels from Deventer, Overijssel Netherlands on Monday, December 10, 2007
I picked this fellow up at the Archeon on 9th December and whisked him back to Deventer. I'm starved for English books while living in the Netherlands and have a soft spot for both short stories and Ray Bradbury.

I found him in a basket by the Roman Inn.

I've read just a little so far and am mostly just enchanted by the wonderfully old adverts in the front and the very, very strange "Log Book" which is a proposed operetta of an agricultural show as sung by farmers and eel worms. Just about as bizarre as things can get.

He's in good hands for the time being and I plan to release this chap to the wild in London this Christmas to set him off on, hopefully, a long an interesting journey.

Thankyou for the release!

Journal Entry 4 by Towels at King's Cross Station in King's Cross, Greater London United Kingdom on Friday, December 28, 2007

Released 14 yrs ago (12/27/2007 UTC) at King's Cross Station in King's Cross, Greater London United Kingdom

Left on a bench! When I looked back, it was already gone.

God speed, Argosy!