The Last of the Red-Hot Vampires

by Katie MacAlister | Romance |
ISBN: 9780451220851 Global Overview for this book
Registered by JennyC1230 of Woodstock, Georgia USA on 10/22/2007
Journal Entry 1 by JennyC1230 from Woodstock, Georgia USA on Monday, October 22, 2007
Book #5 in the Moravian Dark Ones/Vampire Romance series:

Portia Harding, a no-nonsense physicist, has accompanied her lifelong best friend, romance author Sarah, to England, where she is investigating everything from crop circles to seances. Left at a so-called fairy ring when Sarah runs back to the hotel for her camera, Portia inadvertently summons a spirit named Hope who bestows her gift of weather control and disappears. Swept up into the arms of gorgeous Theo and carried away--or kidnapped, as the pragmatic physicist in her contends--Portia is sure she is hallucinating. She doesn't believe in the paranormal until she discovers that Theo is a soulless nephilim (the offspring of an angel and a human) and that she must pass seven tests to be admitted to the Court of Divine Blood, which is essential since she now controls the weather, which follows her around in the form of a small cloud. MacAlister's fast-paced romp is a delight with all its quirky twists and turns, which even include a murder mystery.

Journal Entry 2 by JennyC1230 at Woodstock, Georgia USA on Thursday, March 23, 2017
My Review: The first three of the books in this series were fabulous, but the last one I read and this one are just okay. It's kind of the same story each time. I don't know about you, but I like a bit of variety. I have the next two, but they might be the last ones I read in this series. Life is too short to read boring books.

Journal Entry 3 by JennyC1230 at Little Free Library #5161 in Acworth, Georgia USA on Thursday, March 23, 2017

Released 3 yrs ago (3/23/2017 UTC) at Little Free Library #5161 in Acworth, Georgia USA

Left in the Little Free Library #5161 in Acworth, Georgia. Enjoy the book!