Eat, Pray, Love: One Woman's Search for Everything Across Italy, India and Indonesia

by Elizabeth Gilbert | Biographies & Memoirs |
Registered by liz-z of Parma Heights, Ohio USA on 10/22/2007
Journal Entry 1 by liz-z from Parma Heights, Ohio USA on Monday, October 22, 2007
Hi! And welcome to Book Crossing!

If you found this book and are not familiar with Book Crossing, thanks for checking the site out. Welcome! Enjoy both the book and the site.

People all over the world are tracking their books through BookCrossing!
I really hope you'll journal this book! You can stay anonymous. You can journal the book right now! You don’t have to read it first. Ideally, you will post a journal now saying that you’ve found this particular book, then read (and hopefully enjoy) the book. When you’re done reading, come back here and let us know when and where you will pass the book on to another reader. Give a review if you’d like. If you journal it, you can come back anytime to track its journey.
If you decide to join – and it’s FREE - please consider using me, liz-z, as the member who referred you. If you are already familiar with Book Crossing, thanks for picking up the book.

Either way, I hope you'll make a journal entry so all previous and future readers can track this book's journey.

Happy reading and Happy Book Crossing!

Journal Entry 2 by liz-z from Parma Heights, Ohio USA on Monday, October 22, 2007
I am about a third of the way through the book, Elizabeth Gilbert has just arrived in Indonesia, and I am enjoying this book emmensely! As I think that others would enjoy this book as well I have decided to offer this book up as a ring. The ring will begin as soon as I finish, which should be soon!

How the bookring works:

* Someone will PM you for your address, PM them back and provide your address

* When you receive the book, please make a journal entry letting everyone know that you received it

* Put the book at the top of your TBR pile (under other rings/rays that arrived first)

* Read the book (take your time and enjoy the book, don't feel rushed to finish it)

* When the end is in sight, check the book's journal and PM the next person to get their address

* Finish the book, make another journal entry and let everyone know what you thought of the book

* Send the book to the next person on the list (please use the cheapest shipping method available), make release notes (Controlled Release) or journal entry to let everyone know that it's in the mail

* At the end of the ring, last person please pm Liz-z for address and mail back.

The Lineup (subject to change):

1. Bluestocking88 (Washington)
2. phylwil (Texas)
3. Caridad (Florida)==>here<== STALLED
4. Pashmack (Florida)
5. Spoiledrotten (New Jersey)
6. 300dogs (New Jersey)
7. lit-fandango (New Jersey)
8. Acountkel (North Carolina)
9. Angela861 (Illinois)

Journal Entry 3 by liz-z from Parma Heights, Ohio USA on Saturday, October 27, 2007
I really enjoyed this book and the author's journey to self discovery. Her trip from Italy to India to Indonesia was funny and insightful. In fact her description of her time in India, in a an Ashram has made me pick back up my meditation habits. Oh, to only be able to go on a year long journey to discover yourself and work out all your baggage, that would be bliss! I hope that the future readers of this book enjoy it as much as I did and am eager to hear what they think of it.

Journal Entry 4 by liz-z at on Wednesday, October 31, 2007

Released 11 yrs ago (10/29/2007 UTC) at

Sent this off to the first bookcrosser in the ring, enjoy!

Journal Entry 5 by Bluestocking88 from -- Wild released somewhere in the state, Washington USA on Sunday, November 04, 2007
I was gone yesterday, but when I got home today, this was waiting in my stack of mail. Thank you liz-z and I will get it moving again soon.

Journal Entry 6 by Bluestocking88 from -- Wild released somewhere in the state, Washington USA on Tuesday, November 13, 2007
I'm just over half way through this book and am truly amazed at how insightful and open Gilbert is with her story. At the moment I cannot move beyond bead 57--it was so powerful I had to underline two sentences in the book--"Devotion is diligence without assurance." and "If faith were rational, it wouldn't be--by definition--faith." I feel like I am meditating on Gilbert and her walk, and am finding this book to be inspiring.

I'm a Christian that actually attends Church most Sunday mornings--but if I'm honest, usually with a little resentment about getting out of bed in the morning and getting the kids ready and out the door. Gilbert's journey in India to date, and especially this bead has given me great food for thought regarding my attitude to Church and where I am in my own spiritual journey.

Journal Entry 7 by Bluestocking88 from -- Wild released somewhere in the state, Washington USA on Tuesday, December 04, 2007
I love this book very much. So much so that I have purchased a copy for myself and am mailing this out to phylwil in tomorrow's mail. I really enjoy how openly she explores her discovery of herself--unlike so many journals or travel narratives, she goes into her feelings and personal discoveries in such a way that they are a joy to read rather than a sermon. Excellent book, and I'm looking forward to reading her second book due out in a year or so. Thank you so much for sharing.

Journal Entry 8 by Bluestocking88 from -- Wild released somewhere in the state, Washington USA on Thursday, December 06, 2007
This did go out in yesterday's mail. Thank you again for including me.

Journal Entry 9 by phylwil from Longview, Texas USA on Friday, December 14, 2007
Yeah! This book has arrived. I am really looking forward to reading this. Thanks liz-z and bluestocking88!

Journal Entry 10 by phylwil from Longview, Texas USA on Friday, December 28, 2007
I can't begin to say how much I loved this book. First, the heartfelt spiritual search, which resulted in such joyful successes for her and provided insights for me as well. Second, her fascinating travels and immersion into the cultures she is visiting. I wish I had the wherewithal to do something similar. Finally, her writing style appeals to me. Some of her experiences made me burst out in laughter, causing people around me to stare.

This is on to Caridad, the next reader, as soon as she sends her address and may she enjoy it as much as I did.

Journal Entry 11 by Caridad from Miami, Florida USA on Tuesday, January 08, 2008
Thanks for forwardind, philwil!