The Pact: A Love Story (P.S.)

by Jodi Picoult | Literature & Fiction |
ISBN: 006085880x Global Overview for this book
Registered by sweetsangria of Clackamas, Oregon USA on 10/17/2007
Journal Entry 1 by sweetsangria from Clackamas, Oregon USA on Wednesday, October 17, 2007
tbr

Journal Entry 2 by sweetsangria at Forest Grove, Oregon USA on Tuesday, February 21, 2012
CONTAINS SPOILERS!

This book was a page turner for me...I couldn't put it down and needed to know the details of Emily's death. It deals with heavy subject matter like suicide, teen love, depression, loss of a child, and sexual abuse. I really liked the story but there were a few things that made me unable to love it. 1.I didn't like what Melanie did with the diary. 2.Emily could tell Chris anything and even selfishly put on him what she did, but still never told him her secret. 3.This is considered a love story. On one hand I believe it but think Chris would have tried to help Emily in a different way. 4.The ending wasn't satisfying. Part of me thought it should be "not guilty", part of me thought it should be "guilty". Also, I'm not a prude but this book had excessive amounts of descriptive sex scenes. Some were needed but it was a bit overboard.