Cancer Vixen

Registered by ihatetoast of Dallas, Texas USA on 10/17/2007
Journal Entry 1 by ihatetoast from Dallas, Texas USA on Wednesday, October 17, 2007
sad and funny trip with a woman as she battles cancer and new york women. i've read it a while back. found this copy and am keeping it for controlled releases.

Journal Entry 2 by ihatetoast from Dallas, Texas USA on Monday, October 29, 2007
Oh rats. I can't keep it. I'll let go. Sniff. So I can't control who gets to read it. Maybe the bookcrosser I give it to will use this to teach that silly woman in her office (you know, the one that thinks BC is a cult) to embrace the movement.

A graphic novel for the less caffeinated.

Journal Entry 3 by Cruisychick from Brisbane, Queensland Australia on Wednesday, November 07, 2007
Recieved from a friend and passing onto another.
Interesting comic book sytle read about a serious and terrifying issue - Breast Cancer. Points out what, I guess, many people confronted with this disease would be thinking but presented as a war on cancer and the authors determination not to give in whilst battling the "it" girls of NYC.

Journal Entry 4 by bookworm76 from Chermside, Queensland Australia on Wednesday, November 07, 2007
What a great book. Having known somone who has had breast cancer (very young at the time and like the author just before her wedding day) it offers an insight into what a woman goes through.

Very easy to read as well. Sending it back to Ihatetoast via Cruisychick

Journal Entry 5 by bookworm76 at Controlled Release in South Brisbane, Queensland Australia on Wednesday, November 07, 2007

Released 12 yrs ago (11/7/2007 UTC) at Controlled Release in South Brisbane, Queensland Australia

Sending back to Ihatetoast

Journal Entry 6 by wombles from Caboolture, Queensland Australia on Sunday, February 17, 2008
Picked up at meetup, something outside my usual interest, I know someone who might like this after me

Journal Entry 7 by wombles at BC Brisbane Convention in Brisbane, Queensland Australia on Saturday, June 07, 2008

Released 11 yrs ago (7/4/2008 UTC) at BC Brisbane Convention in Brisbane, Queensland Australia

To the finder of this book:

Congratulations! You have not only found yourself a book, but a whole community of booklovers dedicated to sharing books with each other & the world at large.

I hope that you will write a journal entry letting me know that the book has been found. Feel free to read and keep this book, or to pass it on to a friend or even set it out "in the wild" for someone else to find like you did. Happy reading!

You can always remain anonymous but if you are interested in joining please consider using wombles as your referrer.

Journal Entry 8 by Bris-Con at BC Brisbane Convention in Brisbane, Queensland Australia on Monday, June 30, 2008

Journal Entry 9 by winglytteltonwitchwing from Christchurch, Canterbury New Zealand on Monday, July 07, 2008
Picked up at the Brisbane convention

Released 10 yrs ago (8/11/2009 UTC) at The Coffee Club OBCZ, High Street in Christchurch, Canterbury New Zealand

Released at the new OBCZ

Journal Entry 11 by futurecat from Christchurch, Canterbury New Zealand on Friday, August 28, 2009
Picked up from the OBCZ this morning.

v

Journal Entry 12 by futurecat from Christchurch, Canterbury New Zealand on Saturday, August 29, 2009
Spent a lazy afternoon sitting in the sun (I love Spring!) and reading this interesting cancer memoir. The content is nothing particularly new (well, apart from the whole "OMG NYC is so shallow" angle), but Marchetto has taken a very different approach to telling her story, turning it into a graphic novel.

v

Released 10 yrs ago (9/7/2009 UTC) at University of Canterbury, Psychology Building in Christchurch, Canterbury New Zealand

Donated to the book exchange shelf in the student hub.

Happy bookcrossing to the finder!

v

P.S. If you live in the Christchurch area, you might like to join us at our monthly bookcrossing meetups. For details, see the BCNZ Yahoo Group.