Rush Home Road

by Lori Lansens | Literature & Fiction |
Registered by loveamystery of Vancouver, British Columbia Canada on 10/16/2007
Journal Entry 1 by loveamystery from Vancouver, British Columbia Canada on Tuesday, October 16, 2007
From the back cover: "Adelaide Shadd was born in Southwestern Ontario in the first decade of the 20th century in an all-black town settled by fugitive slaves. Forced to flee her beloved Rusholme as a teenager, the place will call to her for the rest of her life. Now an old woman, she lives a quiet existence in a trailor park not far from her birthplace, until her whole world is turned upside down when five-year-old Sharla Cody is aboned on her doorstep. Sharla helps Addy to open a door to her past, find forgiveness, and finally make the journey home again."
It appears that I have two copies of this book. This is my second one.

Journal Entry 2 by loveamystery from Vancouver, British Columbia Canada on Friday, March 21, 2008
This was a wonderful story of the power of forgiveness and love. The first couple of chapters were difficult to read, but I soon was hooked and could barely put the book down.

Journal Entry 3 by loveamystery at A fellow BookCrosser, A RABCK -- Controlled Releases on Sunday, January 25, 2009

Released 10 yrs ago (1/25/2009 UTC) at A fellow BookCrosser, A RABCK -- Controlled Releases

I am finally sending this RABCK to you. Please enjoy!

Journal Entry 4 by geishabird from Toronto, Ontario Canada on Friday, January 30, 2009
So kind of you to send this. I'm really looking forward to reading it. Thanks very much!

Journal Entry 5 by geishabird from Toronto, Ontario Canada on Tuesday, June 30, 2009
This was quite a good read. Some parts were a little unpolished and uneven, but overall a good story. Addy was never a tiresome character, despite her repeated hardships, and her relationship with Sharla is quite sweet. A few plot elements seemed a tad contrived, but it all worked together rather well in the end. I thought Lansen's second novel, The Girls, was brilliant and I'm very interested to see what novel #3 is like! Thanks very much for sharing this.

Released 9 yrs ago (6/30/2009 UTC) at phone booth (see release notes for details) in Toronto, Ontario Canada

Released as part of two challenges:

1. Canada Day release challenge
2. "Never Judge A Book By Its Cover" challenge - Week 26's theme: author's first & last name must begin with the same letter.

Happy reading!

Journal Entry 7 by chrissymo from Toronto, Ontario Canada on Friday, July 31, 2009
I was very excited to catch this book on June 30th, 2009, and really enjoyed the read. I am on vacation in Nova Scotia right now, and plan to release it in Halifax today.

I love the idea of this website and feel excited that I accidentally became a part of it :)

Journal Entry 8 by chrissymo from Toronto, Ontario Canada on Monday, August 03, 2009
I released this book on Friday July 31st, 2009 in front of Bookmark bookstore at South Park and Spring Garden Road, Nova Scotia.

Journal Entry 9 by chrissymo at Bookmark bookstore at South Park in Halifax, Nova Scotia Canada on Tuesday, September 08, 2009

Released 9 yrs ago (7/31/2009 UTC) at Bookmark bookstore at South Park in Halifax, Nova Scotia Canada

in front of book store named Bookmark