Singin' and Swingin' and Gettin' Merry Like Christmas

by Maya Angelou | Biographies & Memoirs |
Registered by MieLH of Odense, Fyns Amt Denmark on 10/16/2007
Journal Entry 1 by MieLH from Odense, Fyns Amt Denmark on Tuesday, October 16, 2007
Bought this book through amazon. I really enjoyed the first book "I know why the caged birds sing" and I'm currently reading the second book "Gather together in my name" with great pleasure :)

Maya Angelou captures my attention so much, and she has done so for many years now :) It all started with the poem "Phenomenal woman" when I was in my teens and I've been keeping an eye out for her writing since then. I'm looking forward to getting a chance to read this book.

Journal Entry 2 by MieLH from Odense, Fyns Amt Denmark on Saturday, April 11, 2009
God, I adore Maya Angelou... which seems to be my opening line whenever I write or talk about her writing ;)

I had - as I always have with Maya - a great time reading this book :) I cry and laugh with her... once I even laughed out loud on a train-fare, completely forgetting about the people around me! Unable to point out a favourite passage in the book, I will nevertheless tell you where I had people looking at me on the train: The way she portrayed the poor Mr. Julian was wonderful and I loved the "Mistress Maya, I am being Mr. Julian. It's I am loving you!". And the way Ethel and Martha respons to the sillyness of it all is priceless as well :)

A wonderful book!

Journal Entry 3 by MieLH from Odense, Fyns Amt Denmark on Sunday, June 28, 2009
I'm turning this into a bookring. I started arranging it a couple of months ago, but have somehow failed to put info here! Here goes:

Participants so far:
Sobergirl in Finland (ships anywhere)
marko167 in Switzerland (ships anywhere)
amidabutsu in Canada (prefers north america, but will ship internationally)

When the final reader is finished with the book, he/she is free to do with it what he/she wants. I do encourage that the book keeps travelling, since that is what BookCrossing-books are destined to do :) Thank you!

BookRing guidelines:

* Please journal the book once when you receive it and once when you are done with it and it's about to leave your hands.
* Please PM the next person in line and send it off to them (Give the next reader a week to reply to your PM. If there's no reply, please PM me (so I can make a note in the list above) and then PM the next reader in line)
* If at all possible please try to read the book within 45 days (I don't care if it takes you longer to finish, but please PM me, so I won't worry)
* Most of all enjoy the book - - this is not a school assignment :)

Journal Entry 4 by MieLH at Odense, Fyns Amt Denmark on Saturday, July 04, 2009

Released 11 yrs ago (7/4/2009 UTC) at Odense, Fyns Amt Denmark

Maya has been sent out on yet another journey. A friend is waiting for her in Finland :)

Journal Entry 5 by Sobergirl from Turku, Varsinais-Suomi / Egentliga Finland Finland on Tuesday, July 07, 2009
Tack så mycket! Maya är nu hos mig!

Journal Entry 6 by Sobergirl from Turku, Varsinais-Suomi / Egentliga Finland Finland on Tuesday, July 14, 2009
This book kept me awake at nights during my week at work (cruise/cargo ship Finland-Sweden) when I should have been sleeping...
I enjoyed it very much! I love reading about Maya Angelou's exciting life!

I will contact the next participant asap!

Journal Entry 7 by Sobergirl from Turku, Varsinais-Suomi / Egentliga Finland Finland on Saturday, August 01, 2009
The book was mailed today (economy mail) to the next participant!