Living Dead in Dallas: A Sookie Stackhouse Vampire Mystery (Sookie Stackhouse Vampire Myst)

by Charlaine Harris | Horror |
Registered by wyldetwo of Birmingham, West Midlands United Kingdom on 10/12/2007
Journal Entry 1 by wyldetwo from Birmingham, West Midlands United Kingdom on Friday, October 12, 2007
For my Halloween NSS partner - hope this has reached you in time!

Journal Entry 2 by wingadrienne10wing from Seattle, Washington USA on Wednesday, November 07, 2007
Received as a part of my NSS Halloween/Autumn Surprise parcel. Thanks, you were too kind!

I will be reading these books quite soon!

Journal Entry 3 by wingadrienne10wing at Omaha, Nebraska USA on Wednesday, June 09, 2010
This particular one did not seem very mysterious. There were sort of two mysteries - who had murdered Lafayette and who had kidnapped Farrell. Neither were particularly mysterious because just as you were getting clues to whodunit, Sookie out and out heard the answer. Then there is the romance side-plot with Bill.

Again, easy fun little read. This one was definitely not as good as the first.

Journal Entry 4 by wingadrienne10wing at Omaha, Nebraska USA on Wednesday, July 07, 2010
Thank you for joining this spiral. Each book has a different shipping order, based on who requested it. Please journal each book as you receive it and check who to ship it to. When the book has left it’s current person, the next book will be shipped.

This book is shipped in the following order:
Galleycat [CA, USA]
Thegoaliegirl [USA]
Ellissamay [NY, USA]
Vilda [Sweden]
Ythan [UK]
rainbow3 [UK]

Esme-weatherwax [Ireland]

Some guidelines to help the book on its journey:

1 On receiving the book write a journal entry so we can all keep track of where it is.
2 I will note people who already have had the book and its current location in colored type.
3 The person with the book PM's the next one on the list for their address.

Thank you so much for participating!

Journal Entry 5 by wingadrienne10wing at -- BOOKRAY, -- By post or by hand/ in person -- USA on Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Released 9 yrs ago (8/31/2010 UTC) at -- BOOKRAY, -- By post or by hand/ in person -- USA

Sending onto Galleycat when he sends the first book in this spiral on. Just getting this prepped. I hope you enjoyed the first book and enjoy this book. Please let me know if you do not wish to receive further books.

Journal Entry 6 by galleycat at Carlsbad, California USA on Friday, September 24, 2010
This book was waiting for me when I got home tonight. Thank you adrienne10. Had a great time with the first book in the series. Looking forward to this one quite a bit!

Journal Entry 7 by galleycat at San Clemente, California USA on Sunday, October 03, 2010
Another fun read. I'm a little surprised I've enjoyed the books as much as the cable TV series.

I LOVE that Sookie is less polished or sophisticated or worldly than just about all the other lead characters in today's vampire books. Makes her interesting ... a breath of fresh air of sorts in an overworked genre these days.

Thanks, adrienne10, for letting me take part in your book spiral.

Journal Entry 8 by galleycat at San Clemente, California USA on Thursday, October 14, 2010

Released 9 yrs ago (10/13/2010 UTC) at San Clemente, California USA

On its way to thegoaliegirl. Enjoy!

Journal Entry 9 by wingthegoaliegirlwing at Spokane, Washington USA on Tuesday, October 19, 2010
Received this in the mail today when I came home from work. Looking forward to reading it.

Released 9 yrs ago (10/30/2010 UTC) at A Controlled Release, a fellow bookcrosser -- Controlled Releases

Sent on to Ellissamay. So far I really like this series.

Journal Entry 11 by elissamay at Brooklyn, New York USA on Monday, November 01, 2010
Arrived safely today, but I still need to read the first one! I'll try to get through these both over the weekend...

Journal Entry 12 by elissamay at Oswego, New York USA on Tuesday, December 28, 2010

Released 8 yrs ago (12/28/2010 UTC) at Oswego, New York USA

A fun read (especially in conjunction with the TV show)... on its way back to adrienne10 for more adventures today.

Journal Entry 13 by wingadrienne10wing at Omaha, Nebraska USA on Saturday, January 01, 2011
Received back in the mail (a couple days ago, actually.) I have messaged Vilda for sending the book on and will send it off to her this week after I get her address.

Because Vilda is the last in the spiral, she may do with it what she will. Thanks, everyone, for joining. I'm glad you all enjoyed the book.

Journal Entry 14 by Vilda at Stockholm, Södermanland Sweden on Tuesday, January 11, 2011
Arrived safely today! Thank you so much!

Journal Entry 15 by Vilda at Stockholm, Södermanland Sweden on Sunday, January 30, 2011

Released 8 yrs ago (1/31/2011 UTC) at Stockholm, Södermanland Sweden

Thank you so much for letting me into this spiral. I enjoyed this second book even more than the first one. I find Sookie's down to earth attitude refreshing and the adding of other supernatural beings.

Now it travels on.

Journal Entry 16 by Ythan at Ellon, Scotland United Kingdom on Thursday, February 03, 2011
Arrived safe and sound, thank you. :)

Think your post office need to change the date on their stamp, it says it was posted on 31.12.10, some people just can't accept that we are now in 2011.

Journal Entry 17 by Ythan at Ellon, Scotland United Kingdom on Thursday, April 28, 2011
Definitely noticing the differences between the book and the tv series in this one. Still enjoying the series so far.

Journal Entry 18 by Ythan at Aberdeen, Scotland United Kingdom on Thursday, April 28, 2011

Released 8 yrs ago (4/28/2011 UTC) at Aberdeen, Scotland United Kingdom

Taking to the Aberdeen meetup to pass on to rainbow3.

Journal Entry 19 by rainbow3 at Edinburgh, Scotland United Kingdom on Friday, May 13, 2011
Yahoo - been wanting to read these in order for years as I had read a few but, out of sequence and with many months and even the odd year, in between. Then the TV show came out and though I don't have a TV the few episodes I caught at friends had me thinking... hey, hold on, some of this is much altered from the books. Is'nt it? So I decided to collect the lot and start from the beginning.

Ythan kindly suggested she could stick me on the end of some of these spiral loops, and also I am keeping a look out on charity shop bookshelves. Thanks, rainbow3

Journal Entry 20 by rainbow3 at Edinburgh, Scotland United Kingdom on Tuesday, September 13, 2011
BOOK COVER: Waiting tables, sweeping floors, reading minds and solving mysteries for the undead. It’s all in a days work for Sookie.

Cocktail waitress Sookie Stackhouse is on a streak of real bad luck. First, her co-worker gets murdered and no one seems to care. Then Sookie is attacked – and poisoned – late one night by some weird and apparently mythical beast. She only survives because the local vampires roll up and graciously suck the poison from her veins (like they didn’t enjoy it). But in return the blood-suckers need a favour.

Which is why Sookie ends up in Dallas, using her telepathic skills to search for a missing vampire, on the condition that her undead friends don’t do anything, well, vampiric while she’s there. Easier said than done. All it takes is one delicious blonde and one small mistake for thing to turn deadly…
-----------------------------------------------------

Round two with Sookie and the supernaturals sees Sookie’s further attempts to steer well clear of vampire politics foundering right from the start. Sookie’s is mugged supernatural style, once by a mythical creature and again on discovering Eric has hired out her skills! Honour bound Sookie had (see book 1. Dead After Dark) offered her help to Eric but in responding to Eric’s reminder that she had promised to use her mental ability in his favour, Sookie is unhappy to hear she has no choice but to travel to Dallas, Texas.

More adventures, amorous and otherwise, unfold for Sookie and Bill and Eric pops into the picture as well, driving a red corvette indeed. How stylish! The moral dilemmas Harris rockets into Sookie’s life are stimulating and the moments of flirtatious humour are just exquisite. So deliciously amusing.
-----------------------------------------------------

Having spent most of the summer away from home I finally, in August, sat to read this book spiral, well those I have, books one to five. I've now promised to pass the spiral along further so it's high time I got the reviews written. So here's book 2. Living Dead In Dallas, covered...soon to post to next reader, just want to get the rest of the reviews written before I parcel them all off.

Journal Entry 21 by rainbow3 at Edinburgh, Scotland United Kingdom on Thursday, December 15, 2011

Released 7 yrs ago (12/15/2011 UTC) at Edinburgh, Scotland United Kingdom

posting off tomorrow - Yahoo!

Journal Entry 22 by Esme-Weatherwax at Limerick, Co. Limerick Ireland on Sunday, February 19, 2012
thanks