The Book of the Die

by Luke Rhinehart | Philosophy |
ISBN: 000226191x Global Overview for this book
Registered by BookGroupMan of Criccieth, Wales United Kingdom on 10/4/2007
Journal Entry 1 by BookGroupMan from Criccieth, Wales United Kingdom on Thursday, October 04, 2007
A companion book for the uber-successful The Dice Man

'...a wry, amusing and elegant look at the world from a very different viewpoint'

Journal Entry 2 by BookGroupMan from Criccieth, Wales United Kingdom on Sunday, November 04, 2007
Now die-reading :)

Also on my reading pile is Fleming's "Live and Let Die"...spooky n'est pas?

(26/11) This started off as an unusual and fun companion and homage to the 1960’s cult book, The Dice Man. However, I should have heeded the authors advice and dipped in randomly…the 21 chapters, each representing 2-dice combinations, gave a way of choosing where. But in the end I couldn’t sustain the randomness of chance, and non-linear reading :) Each chapter offers tongue-in-cheek philosophy, fictions, poems and anecdotes on such subjects as Seriousness (the inherent human condition of unhappiness), The Past (the past is dead, the future hasn’t happened, so live in the present) and Chaos (‘The opposite of order is chance not chaos’). I enjoyed some of it, but in the end it became a bit same-y, and the running joke wears a bit thin; Lord Chance’s son Whim comes to earth to look for the Ultimate Truth, and generally confuses and mocks his Die-ciples.

Released 12 yrs ago (11/30/2007 UTC) at Outside jewelry shop, Victoria Rd/Consort Way in Horley, Surrey United Kingdom

Not sure what the address is, but left in the little pedestrian area opposite the newsagent/post office - on my way to work, last day in Horley :)