Thinking of You

by Jill Mansell | Women's Fiction |
Registered by Minkymoo76 of Ipswich, Suffolk United Kingdom on 10/2/2007
Journal Entry 1 by Minkymoo76 from Ipswich, Suffolk United Kingdom on Tuesday, October 02, 2007
Really liked this book, Read it on Holiday In Lanzarote in a day, I like books like that . Felt you really got to know the characters, although I think you could work out where it was going to go.

Released 11 yrs ago (2/12/2008 UTC) at By Post RABCK in RABCK, -- By post or by hand/ in person -- United Kingdom

Journal Entry 3 by tabby-cat-owner from Phoenix, Arizona USA on Wednesday, February 20, 2008
received in the mail from minkymoo76 of Ipswich, Suffolk, England in a trade.

Thank you, minkymoo76. I've already started reading this book. The cooking magazines are on their way to you.

Journal Entry 4 by tabby-cat-owner from Phoenix, Arizona USA on Monday, February 25, 2008
Another enjoyable book to read by Jill Mansell. When I read a Jill Mansell book, I really get caught up in all that is happening and forget about my daily concerns. Although the book is over 400 pages long, it doesn't seem long at all because it is the type of book that you can't put down.

This book was very well constructed. I liked the way it started with the main character, Ginny saying good-bye to her only daughter at the train station as she leaves for her first year at "university". At lot of things happen during the year that ensues and the book ends with Ginny again saying good-bye to her daughter at the train station but a great deal happier than a year earlier when she was so devestated.

Journal Entry 5 by tabby-cat-owner from Phoenix, Arizona USA on Monday, February 25, 2008
Shipping List for Bookray:
acountkel (Charlotte, North Carolina)
Angela861 (Chicago, Illinois)
Joanazinha (Amersfoort, Utrecht, Netherlands)
Moonwooolf (Casais de Caneira, Azambuja, Portugal)
pinkagirl (Newport, UK)
Kera (Brixham, Devon, UK)
solskinn (Vienna, Austria)
hakkalina (Budapest, Hungary) <--en route 5/09

Journal Entry 6 by tabby-cat-owner at n/a in Bookray, Postal Release -- Controlled Releases on Wednesday, March 05, 2008

Released 11 yrs ago (3/5/2008 UTC) at n/a in Bookray, Postal Release -- Controlled Releases

mailed to acountkel of Charlotte, North Carolina to start off a bookray.

I hope you all enjoy the book.

Journal Entry 7 by acountkel from Charlotte, North Carolina USA on Monday, March 10, 2008
Caught today!
Will be reading it soon!
Thank you tabby cat for including me!

Journal Entry 8 by acountkel from Charlotte, North Carolina USA on Thursday, March 27, 2008
This has to be one of the best chik-lit novels I have ever read. This is loaded with plenty of drama and humor and it kept me wanting more and was very hard to put down. The story is about Ginny. Her daughter has left for college and she is alone. She misses her daughter terrible and doesn’t think she can cope. But she picks herself up and decides to do something about it. She rents a room in her house to a woman suffering from a broken heart. Her name is Laurel and her brother, Perry, is to die for. This is a light, funny and enjoyable read. I am so glad I had the opportunity to read this popular British author. An opportunity I may not have had if it wasn’t for book-crossing. I am going to join another ring and this author will be added to my “favorites” list.

Thank you so much for including me!
Will be sending off to Chicago in the next day or so.

Journal Entry 9 by angela861 from Chicago, Illinois USA on Tuesday, April 01, 2008
I received this book last night. I have one ahead of it but will begin it soon. Thanks for sharing!

Journal Entry 10 by angela861 from Chicago, Illinois USA on Saturday, April 05, 2008
I usually really like Jill Mansell's books but this one drove me nuts! :-( If my best friend did what Carla did, I wouldn't be able to forgive her. I really had a hard time w/ how Jem also treated her friend.

I have Joanazinha's address and will mail out Monday or Tuesday. Thank you, tabby-cat-owner for sharing!

Journal Entry 11 by angela861 at By mail in Fellow Bookcrosser, A Bookray -- Controlled Releases on Tuesday, April 08, 2008

Released 10 yrs ago (4/8/2008 UTC) at By mail in Fellow Bookcrosser, A Bookray -- Controlled Releases

Off to The Netherlands! Happy Reading! :-)

Journal Entry 12 by wingJoanazinhawing from Amersfoort, Utrecht Netherlands on Saturday, April 12, 2008
And caught in The Netherlands. Wow, this book travelled fast over the ocean! Thanks for sending Angela861. I just started another ringbook, so this one will have to wait a while.

Edit 04/17: I've read 1/4 of the book now and almost every character is irritating me: deceiving Perry, sighing and longing Lauren, judging Finn and most of all Ginny. I would like to grab her by the arms and shake her thoroughly from time to time: wake up girl! The way she lets Perry treat her, the way she gives in when he puts her up with Lauren, brrr..
I will try to finish the book though, because I liked other books by Jill Mansell and because the previous j.e. are so positive. Hope it gets better for me!

Journal Entry 13 by wingJoanazinhawing from Amersfoort, Utrecht Netherlands on Saturday, April 19, 2008
Well, well, well, that wasn't so bad after all! At some point in the book I started enjoying myself and finished the last 250 pages in one sitting :-).
I still think the first part of the book is annoying, but overall I liked the book very much.

I will PM the next in line for an address.

Journal Entry 14 by wingJoanazinhawing at on Thursday, April 24, 2008

Released 10 yrs ago (4/25/2008 UTC) at

On its way to moonwoolf. Happy reading!

Journal Entry 15 by Moonwoolf from Azambuja, Lisboa (distrito) Portugal on Monday, May 19, 2008
Arrived today. I have several books to read first; i hoppe not take too long with this one. :) Thank you for sharing and sending.

28-12-2008=> Almost finishing reading. Will keep traveling very soon. Sory for keeping this book for so long...

12-01-2009 => HAve an adress, during this week, the book will keep traveling. As pinkagirl didn't answer back i ask Kare the adress, so this book will go to there. Hugs.

Journal Entry 16 by Moonwoolf at lisboa, -- Por correio / mão própria -- Portugal on Sunday, January 18, 2009

Released 10 yrs ago (1/16/2009 UTC) at lisboa, -- Por correio / mão própria -- Portugal

Pinkagirl didn't answer back, so this book is travelling to Kera. Thank you.

Journal Entry 17 by Kera from Brixham, Devon United Kingdom on Thursday, January 22, 2009
arrived in the post today - am nearly finished with another book so will get to this one very soon :)

Journal Entry 18 by Kera from Brixham, Devon United Kingdom on Saturday, February 28, 2009
Have just realised that this book is still in my TBR status when in fact it has been read and already posted off to the next bookcrosser. Another enjoyable read :)

Journal Entry 19 by wolkenklang on Tuesday, March 03, 2009
It has arrived! Thank you for sending it Kera, and thank you tabby-cat-owner for the ray. I might need a little more than a month because I want to send another book to the next reader as well which is still to be read. I'll keep you posted and I'll try to read quickly.

Journal Entry 20 by wolkenklang on Tuesday, March 17, 2009
tabby-cat-owner has granted me some extra time to read this book. Thanks so much, I appreciate it!

Journal Entry 21 by wolkenklang on Thursday, May 28, 2009
A lovely, light read! I enjoyed every minute of it.

(hakkalina, there's another book that I wanted to send to you as well, but I haven't read it yet. I'll send it some other time because I don't want to stall this one any longer.)

Journal Entry 22 by wolkenklang at postal mail, A Bookray -- Controlled Releases on Thursday, May 28, 2009

Released 9 yrs ago (5/29/2009 UTC) at postal mail, A Bookray -- Controlled Releases

The book is finally on its way to Budapest, enjoy!

Edit:
I am terribly sorry, I didn't get to the post office during the last couple weeks. The book will be sent to Hungary on Monday, June 15th. Sorry for the delay!

Journal Entry 23 by hakkalina from Budapest, Pest Hungary on Monday, June 22, 2009
The arrival notification of the postal package was dated on Friday, but I was in tachi camp, only today I could go to the post office. It arrived safe. Thanks solskinn :)

Update: 2010.03.29.
^**^ Finally I fished this book out of my Mtbr-s, and started to read since I remember how much I wanted to read this novel. So now time is here, then I let it go. I think I will offer it for a BookRay, which helps me to finish :))
^**^ After the first 100 pages, I must admit that I love this book. The happenings, Ginny's monologues, the twists are funny, sometimes I laugh, sometimes I am astonished, sometimes I hardly can believe my eyes as I am reading, 'what???'. Although the lots of startling situations make this novel rather fictional than real. This doesn't happen in the life :))
^**^ I liked this book so much, should I read more Jill Mansell's books?? :) Thanks to share with me.

~~ The ray is finished!! :))) ~~
Started on: 2010. April 9
Finished on: 2011. October 18.
Readers: 7

Read and passed on: 1. Gwenindil (POR), 2. FallenAngels (POR), 3. E-sr (SPA), 4. Grovalskii (GER), 5. zinat1 (GER), 6. lauraloo29 (CAN), 7. easterngirl71 (USA)

Was skipped: wendyv (AUS) (not answered for PMs), iluza (ARG)

** Thank You everyone for participating in this ray!!! :) **
---<<--{@

Journal Entry 24 by hakkalina at on Friday, April 09, 2010

Released 8 yrs ago (4/9/2010 UTC) at

Thanks for sharing this book with me...
The Ray continues!
The book is travelling to Gwenindil!

Journal Entry 25 by Gwenindil from Lisboa - City, Lisboa (cidade) Portugal on Wednesday, April 14, 2010
Arrived!

I'll try not take long... as usual ;)

Journal Entry 26 by Gwenindil from Lisboa - City, Lisboa (cidade) Portugal on Tuesday, May 04, 2010

I didn't get to the end of this book, actualy, not even half-way...
It was not what I was expecting it to be.

I will send the book by mail asap.

Journal Entry 27 by Gwenindil at Lisboa - City, Lisboa (cidade) Portugal on Tuesday, June 15, 2010

Released 8 yrs ago (6/15/2010 UTC) at Lisboa - City, Lisboa (cidade) Portugal

Sent to FallenAngels...

Journal Entry 28 by FallenAngels at Parede, Lisboa (distrito) Portugal on Friday, June 18, 2010
It has just arrived...it will be my first Jill Mansell...Thank you!!!

Journal Entry 29 by FallenAngels at Parede, Lisboa (distrito) Portugal on Wednesday, July 14, 2010
This was my first Jill Mansell reading and I liked it. It was a nice Summer time reading, excelent to take to the beachside...at first glance I thought it was another 'Bridget Jones' syndrom', luckily I was wrong. The irony that Jill Mansell transmits to the story makes it hilarious! Thanks for the opportunity.

Journal Entry 30 by FallenAngels at Parede, Lisboa (distrito) Portugal on Saturday, July 17, 2010
It's on its journey to E-sr...Thank you once again!!!

Journal Entry 31 by E-sr at Tenerife, Islas Canarias Spain on Friday, October 15, 2010
Thankyou Minkymoo76 for sharing this book! A really pleasing reading!
(At the end the book was waiting for me in a pill of lost post at the Post Office)
It's already on its way to Berlin with Grovalskii.

Regards from Canary Islands! and Wish you all a lovely weekend!

Journal Entry 32 by winggrovalskiiwing at Zehlendorf, Berlin Germany on Saturday, October 23, 2010
Just got the book in the mail with a couple of other bookrings. I will be a few days before I get to it. Thanks for mailing it, e-sr!

Journal Entry 33 by winggrovalskiiwing at Zehlendorf, Berlin Germany on Tuesday, November 16, 2010
Nope, not my favorite book. Too cheesy for my taste. But anyway, thanks for letting me participate in the ray!

Journal Entry 34 by winggrovalskiiwing at Zehlendorf, Berlin Germany on Friday, November 19, 2010

Released 8 yrs ago (11/17/2010 UTC) at Zehlendorf, Berlin Germany

book is on its way to zinat1

Journal Entry 35 by zinat1 at Kerpen, Nordrhein-Westfalen Germany on Saturday, November 20, 2010
Thanx for sending it. It was in my mailbox today! I'll promise to read it asap!!!

Journal Entry 36 by zinat1 at Elsdorf, Nordrhein-Westfalen Germany on Tuesday, March 01, 2011
Finally finished that book. Sorry for being so late but I had a lot of private stuff to do and didn't have a lot of sparetime for reading.
I liked the book althought the end was clear.... learned a lot of slang! Book will be travelling to Argentina soon!

THX

01-05-2011
I'm still waiting for an answer from Argentina... there's no response on any of my messages!

Illuza is busy and doesn't want to take part anymore. So I asked for the next adress from Canada...

Journal Entry 37 by zinat1 at Elsdorf, Nordrhein-Westfalen Germany on Sunday, August 14, 2011

Released 7 yrs ago (8/15/2011 UTC) at Elsdorf, Nordrhein-Westfalen Germany

This book is going to Canada tomorrow. Sorry for beeing so late ......

Hope you enjoy reading!

Journal Entry 38 by lauraloo29 at Edmonton, Alberta Canada on Monday, August 29, 2011
Arrived safe and sound today. I have a couple of rings before it, but I will keep it moving. Thank you!

Journal Entry 39 by lauraloo29 at Edmonton, Alberta Canada on Tuesday, September 27, 2011
I can't get into this book. I have PM'd easterngirl71 to ask for her address, but as yet, have not received it. I am going on vacation next week and my hope was to get this in the mail before I go.

ETA: Did hear from her, but I fear there is some confusion. I don't think she remembers she already signed up for it. I'm going for a special trip to the post office tomorrow. I don't want it sitting her waiting for me to get back from vacation. :)

Journal Entry 40 by easterngirl71 at Alton, Illinois USA on Tuesday, October 18, 2011
Thanks for sharing this book with me:) I look forward to reading it and possibly putting it back on BC as another RAY! Thanks again:)