Only Say the Word

by Niall Williams | Literature & Fiction | This book has not been rated.
Registered by Molyneux of Oxford, Oxfordshire United Kingdom on 1/23/2008
Journal Entry 1 by Rivercassini from London, Greater London United Kingdom on Wednesday, January 23, 2008
Picked up at the Reading meet at Great Expectations earlier this evening.

Journal Entry 2 by Molyneux from Oxford, Oxfordshire United Kingdom on Wednesday, January 23, 2008
Jim Foley loves his parents, his brother, his sister, Dickens and God, although not necessarily in that order. Later, he loves Kate, enough to make her his wife; later still, he loves his children, Jack and Hannah. This is Jim's story, from early days spent in County Clare to early adulthood in America, and back to Clare again. Tracing his journey from child, to husband to father, from happy-ever-after to death-do-us-part, from beginnings to endings - and from there to starting afresh once more - it tells of the people and places in Jim's life, his hopes, fears and fantasies, his ever-evolving relationships and the books that remain always constant. Deeply-felt, beautifully-told, and written in Niall William's lyrical, lilting prose, "Only Say the Word" offers both acceptance of the past and hope for the future.

Journal Entry 3 by Rivercassini at Camel & Artichoke in Waterloo, Greater London United Kingdom on Saturday, March 08, 2008

Released 11 yrs ago (3/10/2008 UTC) at Camel & Artichoke in Waterloo, Greater London United Kingdom

I don't like taking bookcrossing books and then re-releasing them without having read them but, with teetering bookshelves, a forthcoming house move and a husband mumbling (in the kindest possible way, of course) that it might be a good idea to reduce the number of books we have to move, I've been forced to have a cull of the shelves. So this one will be taken to the London meet up at the Camel and Artichoke on Tuesday night in the hopes that it will find another willing reader - and perhaps I might have it back afterwards or find another copy.

Journal Entry 4 by Jinglefish from Woking, Surrey United Kingdom on Saturday, September 20, 2008
Picked up from the table today at the lunchtime meetup.