Witness: For the Prosecution of Scott Peterson

by Amber Frey | Biographies & Memoirs |
Registered by wingMoody-Bluewing of Montrose, Colorado USA on 9/30/2007
Journal Entry 1 by wingMoody-Bluewing from Montrose, Colorado USA on Sunday, September 30, 2007
This book seems to be simply a way for the author to pat herself on the back for the one good deed she did in her life. Yes, she did help the police with their investigation and the prosecution with their case. Unfortunately, in outlining how instrumental she was, she includes transcripts of her phone and email conversations with Scott and it's painfully obvious that neither of them are the brightest bulbs. And her narrative about their relationship... honestly, do we really care that she had tortilla soup on their second date? All in all, a pretty dull book which only served to lessen my opinion of her as a woman.

My personal contribution to my "Every Color of the Rainbow" Bookbox.

Journal Entry 2 by jenptcfan from Mechanicsville, Virginia USA on Saturday, October 06, 2007
I was excited to see this book in the "Every Color of the Rainbow" Box. I'm eager to read it and pass it along.

Thanks!

Journal Entry 3 by jenptcfan from Mechanicsville, Virginia USA on Monday, October 08, 2007
I started this last night and finished it this morning.

I thought it was a little preachy considering the source, but I have a soft spot in my heart for women like Amber Frey who are so desperate to find love that they'll take up with any loser who comes along. I hope she has turned her wreck of a life into something closer to what she was looking for.

The transcripts of her conversations with Scott...could either of them make a complete sentence? They were a little painful to read. The editing also wasn't that great.

I gave it the rating of 7 because of how horrifying and interesting the story is, not necessarily because of the way it was told in this account.

I'd like to find a copy of Scott Peterson's brother's book, Blood Brother, and see how that one compares.

Thanks for sharing this. I'll pass it along soon.

Releasing into bookbox.

Journal Entry 5 by Jumieges from Gordonsville, Virginia USA on Tuesday, October 28, 2008
The book arrived safely, will leave it in the box for the international mailing.

Released 10 yrs ago (11/7/2008 UTC) at Jumieges's bios/memoirs/non-fiction bookbox, Bookbox -- Controlled Releases

Sent off to Europe to find a new home.

Journal Entry 7 by mazzlestar from Leeds, West Yorkshire United Kingdom on Thursday, February 05, 2009
Taken from Jumieges' bio/memoir bookbox, sorry for the seriously late journalling, I took them out and forgot about journalling!