Hannibal

by Thomas Harris | Mystery & Thrillers |
Registered by wingFiregirlwing of Tucson, Arizona USA on 9/25/2007
Journal Entry 1 by wingFiregirlwing from Tucson, Arizona USA on Tuesday, September 25, 2007
Amazon description: You remember Hannibal Lecter: gentleman, genius, cannibal. Seven years have passed since Dr. Lecter escaped from custody. And for seven years he's been at large, free to savor the scents, the essences, of an unguarded world. But intruders have entered Dr. Lecter's world, piercing his new identity, sensing the evil that surrounds him. For the multimillionaire Hannibal left maimed, for a corrupt Italian policeman, and for FBI agent Clarice Starling, who once stood before Lecter and who has never been the same, the final hunt for Hannibal Lecter has begun. All of them, in their separate ways, want to find Dr. Lecter. And all three will get their wish. But only one will live long enough to savor the reward.

Journal Entry 2 by wingFiregirlwing at Einstein's Bagels at University and Rural in Tempe, Arizona USA on Monday, October 15, 2007

Released 14 yrs ago (10/15/2007 UTC) at Einstein's Bagels at University and Rural in Tempe, Arizona USA

RELEASE NOTES: Outside, on the round table beneath the stairs.

Journal Entry 3 by Hugsomeone from Kirkland, Washington USA on Monday, October 15, 2007
After a hot, muggy week, some nice weather finally arrived, and I took advantage of it, walking down to Tempe Bikes on University and Rual at 9 am to pick up my newly fixed, yet semi-abandoned bicycle. As walked through the Einstein's patio, I noticed this book on the table through the corner of my eye. I assumed it was left by a weekend drunkard, a bum, or both (aka a college student.) But with closer inspection, I noticed the post-it on the cover. "I'm FREE!" It proclaimed to me. Ah... Freedom. I almost remember that. I believe Freedom died some time ago, killed by boring assigned readings and term papers.
Though I am a fan of the Lambs film, I have to admit, I have never read any of the works of the Hannibal series, and was hesitant about reading this book. Would I understand the story? Do I have the time to read for "pleasure?"
But it's not everyday, such a happy little incident happens in my life. Who am I, an English Major, to turn down a free book that has come into my world through such circumstances? What if this is an everyday miracle? What if it's Karma? Darma? A path to something, somewhere? A white rabbit to change my world through great or small ways either in the outer world or that of my literary mind? (Oh and the Stephan King review in the front had me sold.)

Thank you and blessings to to whomever left this book.

UPDATE AND REVIEW
LOVED IT LIKE A FABULOUS CIANTE AND FRIED BRAINS. A great drama, wonderful suspense, tantalizing horror, and brilliant romance novel. THAT'S RIGHT ROMANCE NOVEL. All the blood and grime are just accessory.

(No need to read the first two to understand this one, though I'm going to pick them up tomarrow morning.)

Journal Entry 4 by Hugsomeone at ASU Campus (see release notes for details) in Tempe, Arizona USA on Wednesday, October 24, 2007

Released 14 yrs ago (10/25/2007 UTC) at ASU Campus (see release notes for details) in Tempe, Arizona USA