Me and Mr. Darcy: A Novel

by Alexandra Potter | Women's Fiction |
Registered by kidlitmp of Greencastle, Pennsylvania USA on 9/22/2007
Journal Entry 1 by kidlitmp from Greencastle, Pennsylvania USA on Saturday, September 22, 2007
I picked this up because I enjoy everything related to Jane Austen. I enjoyed the novel, but of course nothing compares to the original!

Journal Entry 2 by kidlitmp at RABCK in By Mail, A RABCK -- Controlled Releases on Saturday, September 22, 2007

Released 14 yrs ago (9/22/2007 UTC) at RABCK in By Mail, A RABCK -- Controlled Releases

RELEASE NOTES: On its way to Finland. I hope the new reader enjoys!!!!

Journal Entry 3 by Elina from Espoo, Uusimaa / Nyland Finland on Friday, September 28, 2007
Jipii, Mr. Darcy is here. For now he will move to my tbr pile.
Thank you so much Kidlitmp.

Journal Entry 4 by Elina from Espoo, Uusimaa / Nyland Finland on Wednesday, May 21, 2008
I just finished this one in the train last weekend. It was and easy read for travelling and I quite enjoyed it. Not too bad, I'd say.

Journal Entry 5 by Elina at Kokkola, Keski-Pohjanmaa / Mellersta Österbotten Finland on Monday, October 13, 2008

Released 13 yrs ago (10/14/2008 UTC) at Kokkola, Keski-Pohjanmaa / Mellersta Österbotten Finland

Chania picked this book from the Finnish female authors bookXerpting bag. I hope you enjoy the book.

Journal Entry 6 by wingChaniawing from Kokkola, Keski-Pohjanmaa / Mellersta Österbotten Finland on Wednesday, October 15, 2008
Thanks, I will! This looks like fun and easy to read, can't wait!

Journal Entry 7 by wingChaniawing from Kokkola, Keski-Pohjanmaa / Mellersta Österbotten Finland on Monday, January 19, 2009
A nice chick-lit book. A bit predictable of course but still it was one of those books that give you happy, relaxed feeling. I enjoyed a lot about the part where Emily arrives to England and is astonished with the British way of speaking, Custard Creams etc. It reminded me about the time I went to England for the first time.
I'll mail the book forward tomorrow.

Journal Entry 8 by Lukutoukka from Tampere, Pirkanmaa / Birkaland Finland on Friday, January 23, 2009
I received the book today. I really like Austen related fiction. Thank you, Chania!

Journal Entry 9 by Lukutoukka from Tampere, Pirkanmaa / Birkaland Finland on Monday, January 26, 2009
I love books about books, so I think this was quite a nice book, even if a little predictable. :) Thank you again, Chania! Now Mr. Darcy will come to our BC meeting here in Tampere on Thursday.

Journal Entry 10 by wingem64wing from Tampere, Pirkanmaa / Birkaland Finland on Thursday, January 29, 2009
Picked it up at our monthly meet-up last night.

Journal Entry 11 by wingem64wing from Tampere, Pirkanmaa / Birkaland Finland on Friday, June 12, 2009
I quite agree with the previous readers; it was nice, predictable and light. On the other hand, what else can a book imitating the story of Elizabeth Bennett and Mr Darcy than predictable :-) At first I didn't like the encounters of Emily and Mr Darcy, I felt they were a bit hard to believe but having finished it they were actually the best bit.

Journal Entry 12 by chrisim from Tampere, Pirkanmaa / Birkaland Finland on Thursday, November 5, 2009
I took this book from this week's meeting. I'm missing already the old good romantic times :)