Confessions of a Serial Dater

by Michelle Cunnah | Literature & Fiction |
Registered by qweenoftheworld of Los Osos, California USA on 9/16/2007
Journal Entry 1 by qweenoftheworld from Los Osos, California USA on Sunday, September 16, 2007
tbr

Journal Entry 2 by qweenoftheworld from Los Osos, California USA on Saturday, December 27, 2008
I've been in the midst of reading this book for ages, so I'd like to offer this one up for a book ring, once I am done with it, in the hope that I'll be prompted to finally finish this book! I am NOT going to let this book go out of the U.S. (and territories), just to keep everyone's costs down, since it's just after Christmas right now (and I think Hanukkah is still going on). I am going to have the book come back to me after the last person's done with it, mainly so I can release it after the ring is over and not have it horded, and also because I don't think it would be fair for everyone but the last participant to have to pay postage. I'm going to limit the ring to 7 people. If the ring doesn't seem to fill up quickly, I reserve the right to get a consensus from the participants as to whether they want me to cancel the ring or start it with less than 7 people. There seems to be somewhat of a consesus that BookCrossing's PM system is not always reliable, so I am going to ask that anyone who wants to sign up either e-mail me directly or send me an IM. E-mails can be directed to qweenoftheworld@hotmail.com. For those of you who use Yahoo for instant messaging, you can shoot an IM to punklawgrad. (Feel free to shoot me an IM, even if it doesn't look like I am logged in, because of the invisibility function.) As the ring fills up, I will plug in the screen names of the participants, and I will address the forum if and when the ring fills up. I reserve the right to not include people who don't have a BCrossing history (but I will listen to your "sob story" and possibly add you if you've got a swapping history on PostCrossing, LiveJournal, Yahoo, and such). I will (tentatively) allow people to sign up for a slot other than the next avaiable slot, in the interest of trying to avoid having people not be ready when their time slot comes up, but adjustments may have to be made in order to get the ring going. If someone drops out, I may need people to move up on the list. Please make a journal entry when you get the book and when you are ready to let it go. Please try to be done with the book within 3-5 weeks. If you'll need longer than 5 weeks, no worries, but please let me know, as well as the next person in the queue. Suggestion: so that we can get the book moving fast, once you get the book, you might want to immediately get in touch with the next person in the queue, to get a mailing address, because some people are really fast readers, and not everyone checks email daily. I'm going leave the choice of whether to purchase tracking at the discretion of each participant, because I can't really enforce a tracking rule, but tracking can be a good idea. Feel free to use the cheapest shipping means (such as media mail). If you choose to use United Parcel Service, FedEx, or DHL, fine, instead of using the post office, that's fine, just keep in mind that only the post office can ship to post office boxes and general delivery.

Starts with qweenoftheworld
1) Jennyc1230
2) Awakeagain
3) teresaabsurd
4) HunterRyu
5) dastephan6
6) jenn7747 (Jenn has to bow out of the ring, so if the book makes it this far, dastephan6 will send the book to BUG2004 instead.)
7) BUG2004
back to qweenoftheworld

Journal Entry 3 by qweenoftheworld from Los Osos, California USA on Wednesday, December 31, 2008
Chick lit is not my most favorite genre, but this was amusing. I felt like it went on a bit too long, but was otherwise good.

Journal Entry 4 by qweenoftheworld from Los Osos, California USA on Sunday, January 04, 2009
Sending out in book ring.

Journal Entry 5 by JennyC1230 from Woodstock, Georgia USA on Monday, January 19, 2009
The book is here! I have 1 bookring already and I will read this after I finish that one.

Thank you for sharing your book! :-)

Journal Entry 6 by JennyC1230 from Woodstock, Georgia USA on Sunday, January 25, 2009
I really enjoyed this one! It was a bit slow in the beginning, but it improved! I liked Rosie and could relate to her trying to be the good daughter, loyal friend, and meet Mr. Right all at the same time. I loved the ending! I could really see this one being made into a movie.

I sent a PM to awakeagain, and will send this off soon!

Journal Entry 7 by JennyC1230 from Woodstock, Georgia USA on Tuesday, January 27, 2009
Planning to mail to awakeagain on Jan. 28th. USPS Media Mail - Delivery Confirmation #9102805213683003031269

Enjoy the book!

Journal Entry 8 by awakeagain from Port Murray, New Jersey USA on Monday, February 02, 2009
Rec'd today just as I was finishing my most recent book so I'll be starting it tonight. PMing the next in line.

Journal Entry 9 by qweenoftheworld from Los Osos, California USA on Thursday, June 11, 2009
I am in the process of trying to figure out where this book is, and why it's not made its way further down the list. I will contact people further down the list to give them the option of opting out if they need to.

Journal Entry 10 by qweenoftheworld from Los Osos, California USA on Sunday, June 14, 2009
I've figured out where it is, and it should be getting moved on soon.

Journal Entry 11 by wingAnonymousFinderwing on Friday, July 10, 2009
I thought this book started out very dry in the beginning... very predictable but as I hit the last few chapters it got very interesting.

CAUGHT IN FALL RIVER MASSACHUSETTS UNITED STATES

Journal Entry 12 by TFL-267834 on Sunday, July 26, 2009
I'm wondering why I was posted as anonymous =/ Anyway, the book was sent to hunterryu on Wed. 7/22 a day after I received her mailing address.

Journal Entry 13 by wingHunterRyuwing from West Norriton, Pennsylvania USA on Wednesday, August 05, 2009
It will unfortunately be a couple weeks before I will be able to read this book. I sincerely apologize for the short stall I know I will cause. Thank you so much for sharing this with me and I deeply look forward to reading it and sending along as soon as it is possible for me.

Journal Entry 14 by wingHunterRyuwing from West Norriton, Pennsylvania USA on Friday, September 11, 2009
Sorry for having this book sitting around for a whole month. I'm really sorry for the delay. I'm reading it now and should have it completed within the week barring any time-stealing disasters popping up. Thanks for including me!

Journal Entry 15 by wingHunterRyuwing from West Norriton, Pennsylvania USA on Friday, September 25, 2009
Wonderful story, I loved it. I could really feel for her family troubles, although my family is not nearly as hysterical they are just as dysfunctional. The ending was so cliche and wonderful and hilarious. This book is a perfect example of chicklit thank you so sooo much for being patient with me and sharing this book.

Journal Entry 16 by wingHunterRyuwing at by mail in to the next participant, A Bookray -- Controlled Releases on Tuesday, September 29, 2009

Released 9 yrs ago (9/29/2009 UTC) at by mail in to the next participant, A Bookray -- Controlled Releases

Mailed off to dastephan6, I hope you enjoy it as much as I did! Thank you for sharing and thank you for your patience with my delay~!

Journal Entry 17 by dastephan6 from Lawrence, Massachusetts USA on Tuesday, October 06, 2009
recieved over the weekend. have a couple books in front of it, will get to it as soon as i can.

Journal Entry 18 by dastephan6 from Lawrence, Massachusetts USA on Thursday, December 31, 2009
i have mixed feeling about this book. first off, let me say, i did enjoy it, although it's typically not my kind of read. i love how the story has a good flow and keep me wanting to read more. i look forward to reading more of her books.

the story was very predictable though. as soon as i read that elaine was pregnant, i knew who the father was. as well as i guessed pretty much the whole story, but i won't go into details here.

Journal Entry 19 by dastephan6 at Bookrelay, A Book Relay -- Controlled Releases on Thursday, December 31, 2009

Released 9 yrs ago (1/2/2010 UTC) at Bookrelay, A Book Relay -- Controlled Releases

being sent to omaha, NE 68136 this weekend

Journal Entry 20 by Bug2004 from Omaha, Nebraska USA on Wednesday, January 27, 2010
Arrived safely.