The Melancholy Death of Oyster Boy: and Other Stories

by Tim Burton | Poetry |
ISBN: 057122444x Global Overview for this book
Registered by wingWyandowing of Köln, Nordrhein-Westfalen Germany on 9/15/2007
Journal Entry 1 by wingWyandowing from Köln, Nordrhein-Westfalen Germany on Saturday, September 15, 2007
Registered Book # 2222
!International BookRing!
List of participants. :)

This comes directly from the dark corridors of film-maker Tim Burton's mind. The stories in this book are accompanied throughout by delightfully gothic illustrations drawn by Burton himself, which are reminiscent of the animation of Burton's "The Nightmare Before Christmas". Ideal for anyone attracted by the strange and ghoulish.

Journal Entry 2 by wingWyandowing from Köln, Nordrhein-Westfalen Germany on Saturday, September 15, 2007
Here the list of participants of this international BookRing:
The order of this list is based on "first in, first out" on the PM-requests. Participants should be able to send this book international...

Name verlinkt mit dem Journal:
01. Wyando from Köln, Nordrhein-Westfalen, Germany on 15 September 2007
02. CrimsonAngel from Offenbach am Main, Hessen, Germany on 26 September 2007
03. TheSpiritBlade from Offenbach, Hessen, Germany on 26 September 2007
04. SerendipityN from Wuppertal, Nordrhein-Westfalen, Germany on 01 October 2007
05. DivineSelene from Ioannina Xanthi, Ioannina, Greece on 11 October 2007
06. campsy from Wiesbaden, Hessen, Germany on 21 October 2007
07. clawdiewauzi from Essen, Nordrhein-Westfalen, Germany on 02 November 2007
08. Sheepseeker from Bonn, Nordrhein-Westfalen, Germany on 09 November 2007
09. Schneefee from Dortmund, Nordrhein-Westfalen, Germany on 18 November 2007
10. Schmusefluse from Hattingen, Nordrhein-Westfalen, Germany on 12 December 2007
11. baltruma from Uplengen, Niedersachsen, Germany on 22 December 2007
12. kiyoitsukikage from Swidnik, Lubelskie, Poland on 08 January 2008
13. -faerie from Neukirchen, Hessen, Germany on 24 January 2008
14. Wasserfall from Kirchheim / Teck, Baden-Württemberg, Germany on 15 February 2008
15. ArabellaFigg from Hull, East Yorkshire, United Kingdom on 20 February 2008
16. francisco963 from Kramfors, Ångermanland, Sweden on 25 February 2008
17. AgdaAgulina from Prague, , Czech Republic on 19 March 2008
18. ExemploDucemus from Fort Stewart, Georgia, USA on 21 April 2008

Und dann geht es zu:
19. paradizeapple {PM} ·de
... maybe you???

Otherwise the book goes back to me. (Wyando)

If you are interested in reading this book, just drop me a PM (Wyando)
Please mention Tim Burton in the subject!

"Name verlinkt mit dem Journal:" (Name linked to the journal) and "Und dann geht es zu:" (And then it goes to) are for technical reasons in german only, as the participationlists are build by scripts.

Journal Entry 3 by wingWyandowing from Köln, Nordrhein-Westfalen Germany on Saturday, September 15, 2007
I love Tim Burton. He is such a genius. As speaking of his films. And then, this June, while being in London, I found this book by accident - even twice, so I decided to put this one as an international BookRing to celebrate my 2222 book registration.

About this book? Brilliant. Probably not everybody's taste, but for me just brilliant.

Journal Entry 4 by CrimsonAngel from Offenbach/Main, Hessen Germany on Wednesday, September 26, 2007
The book arrived at my house today. I just finished my actual book, so I will start reading it immediately! :o)

Journal Entry 5 by TheSpiritBlade from Offenbach/Main, Hessen Germany on Wednesday, September 26, 2007
Found the book in our living room, on the coffee table. Read in just twenty minutes. Only one comment: Weird!
I like it. ;)

Journal Entry 6 by CrimsonAngel from Offenbach/Main, Hessen Germany on Thursday, September 27, 2007
A great collection of stories that seem to come from a deranged mind, accompanied by cute little drawings that perfectly fit into the atmosphere. And at the end of every story you aren't sure whether to laugh or to cry...
I really enjoyed reading this book! Too sad that it was over so quick!

Journal Entry 7 by CrimsonAngel from Offenbach/Main, Hessen Germany on Saturday, September 29, 2007
It's already on its way to SerendipityN.

Journal Entry 8 by SerendipityN from Wuppertal, Nordrhein-Westfalen Germany on Monday, October 01, 2007
The book has just arrived, thanks. :D

Journal Entry 9 by SerendipityN from Wuppertal, Nordrhein-Westfalen Germany on Sunday, October 07, 2007
I liked every Tim Burton film I've seen so far and I was surprised to find out that he wrote a book as well. And it is a great little book. I like the way some of the stories are both funny and sad. The drawings are very nice, too. Thanks for the ring! And now I really need to watch Edward Scissorhands again...

On Monday the book's going to travel on to Greece.

Journal Entry 10 by DivineSelene from Athens - Αθήνα, Attica Greece on Thursday, October 11, 2007
I received the book today! Thank you Wyando and SerendipityN!!

Journal Entry 11 by anonymous23 on Sunday, October 21, 2007
The Book arrived this saturday - thank you for sending, DivineSelene, and you for the Ring, Wyando! I love the films of Tim Burton and am happy to read his book now.

Journal Entry 12 by anonymous23 on Tuesday, October 30, 2007
It was a pleasure to read. My favourite character is Roy, the toxic boy, and the story of Anchor Baby and his mom really touched me.
I will buy this book as a present to my friends and myself! ;-)

Today Oyster boy and his friends will be traveling on to clawdiewauzi.

Journal Entry 13 by clawdiewauzi from Essen, Nordrhein-Westfalen Germany on Friday, November 02, 2007
Arrived today and I just started reading, so I guess this one will journey on next week. Very short, cute, special and morbid stories and I like the illustrations, too. It reminds me of "Lenore" (or vice versa?), but Burtons Stories are not that radical.

And on its way to the next one. Many thanks for that funny and phantastic book! :)

Journal Entry 15 by Sheepseeker from Bonn, Nordrhein-Westfalen Germany on Friday, November 09, 2007
Das Buch ist heute angekommen und ich habe es direkt in die Hand genommen und gelesen. Genial!
Das buch bekommt volle 10 Sterne und ich werde mich auch direkt auf die Suche nach einem Regal-Exemplar für mich machen. Die Zeichnungen sind klasse und Burtons Humor ist einfach absolut meine Sache.

Oh, should have written an English entry, right? Nevermind, it's late... ;-)

Danke für den Ring, Wy, mal wieder eine dieser tollen BC-Entdeckungen für mich. Wie solls jetzt weitergehen? Zurück zu Dir? Werbung im Forum?

Journal Entry 16 by Schneefee from Hagen, Nordrhein-Westfalen Germany on Sunday, November 18, 2007
yep, campsy was totally right:
a fantastic book for ONE evening! The stories are cruel, mean, funny and even cute - in a burtonic way.

I will definitely look out for a copy for my own bookshelf!

Journal Entry 17 by Schmusefluse from Wuppertal, Nordrhein-Westfalen Germany on Wednesday, December 12, 2007
The book arrived here today safe and sound!

Looks like a real fast read and the bookcover is beautiful.

Thanks for sharing, Wyando, and thanks for sending, Schneefee!

It is a fast read, finished the book in about half an hour. Enjoyed it very much. My favourite story is Mummy boy.

The book will be sent on to Baltruma tomorrow.

Journal Entry 18 by Schmusefluse at A fellow bookcrosser in By mail, A Bookring -- Controlled Releases on Wednesday, December 19, 2007

Released 11 yrs ago (12/19/2007 UTC) at A fellow bookcrosser in By mail, A Bookring -- Controlled Releases

The book is now on its way to Baltruma! Merry X-mas!

Journal Entry 19 by baltruma from Uplengen, Niedersachsen Germany on Saturday, December 22, 2007
Heute angekommen, freue mich schon darauf, es während der Feiertage zu lesen. Danke Schmusefluse für´s superschnelle Schicken.

Journal Entry 20 by baltruma from Uplengen, Niedersachsen Germany on Wednesday, December 26, 2007
And done! Thats a fast read, absolutely.
Tim Burton really is a genius, his "shorties" about beeing different and still longing for love and belonging are touching as ever. Enjoyable, cruel, touching and humorous- typical Burton.

Journal Entry 21 by kiyoitsukikage from Brixton, Greater London United Kingdom on Tuesday, January 08, 2008
it's here, thank you!

Journal Entry 22 by kiyoitsukikage from Brixton, Greater London United Kingdom on Friday, January 18, 2008
I liked the book a lot, I love such sense of humour ;)
Says a lot about "the Other" and its perception.
"The Boy with Needles in His Eyes" is one of my favourites.
In the meantime I lent it to one of my teachers to read, hope she liked it as well.
Thanks for letting me read this :)

Released 11 yrs ago (1/18/2008 UTC) at by mail in To the next participant, A Bookring -- Controlled Releases

On its way to the next person

Journal Entry 24 by -faerie on Thursday, January 24, 2008
I received the book today.. Thanks to kiyoitsukikage for sending it to me.
It looks very nice and I can't wait to start reading it this evening.

Journal Entry 25 by -faerie on Tuesday, February 05, 2008
I'm sorry that it took me such a long time to give the book to the office but the last week I was ill.. However, tomorrow the book will travel to wasserfall..

Journal Entry 26 by Wasserfall from Göppingen, Baden-Württemberg Germany on Friday, February 15, 2008
The book arrived today and I've already adored the first poem. It's so cute!

30 minutes later: Funny and tragic. Now it can travel on and I have to get another one for my pc :-)

16.2.: The Oyster Boy is now on his way to the UK and on my amazon wish-list.

Journal Entry 27 by ArabellaFigg from Hull, East Yorkshire United Kingdom on Wednesday, February 20, 2008
Book arrived this morning. Thankyou Wasserfall.

Journal Entry 28 by ArabellaFigg from Hull, East Yorkshire United Kingdom on Wednesday, February 20, 2008
A bit wierd, but very enjoyable. My favourite was Robot Boy.

Journal Entry 29 by ArabellaFigg from Hull, East Yorkshire United Kingdom on Thursday, February 21, 2008
Posted to francisco963 today.

Journal Entry 30 by francisco963 from Kramfors, Ångermanland Sweden on Monday, February 25, 2008
Book just arrived! Seems totally amazing!! I've just finished my previous read, so this one's up next :)
Thank you!

Journal Entry 31 by francisco963 from Kramfors, Ångermanland Sweden on Thursday, March 13, 2008
This was a really beautiful book. I loved it! So many cool, cute and Burton-like characters! One of my friends who like Tim Burton also read it, and was as amazed as me :) My favourites were "Voodoo Girl" and "Jimmy, the Hideous Penguin Boy". So cute and so sad..

Will be sent to beautiful Prague, to AgdaAgulina, tomorrow. I wish I could go with the book on it's journey; I love that city!! Happy travelling, little book!

Journal Entry 32 by AgdaAgulina from Helsinki, Uusimaa / Nyland Finland on Wednesday, March 19, 2008
Thank you! The book is in Prague, arrived on monday. And already there is a smile on my face...

Journal Entry 33 by AgdaAgulina from Helsinki, Uusimaa / Nyland Finland on Monday, April 07, 2008
What a charming little book! And of course I am very fond of Burton´s movies too, so this was a nice peek to his other work as well. However, the stories were bit too similar to each other, so I prefered to read them one at the time. Even more interesting was though, that few days after I recieved this book by post, an other copy (in english and french) founds its´ way to my home too. That is curious... so this one will continue the travel to USA now.

Thank you very much for this ring!!

Journal Entry 34 by AgdaAgulina at By mail in By mail, A Bookcrossing member -- Controlled Releases on Wednesday, April 16, 2008

Released 10 yrs ago (4/15/2008 UTC) at By mail in By mail, A Bookcrossing member -- Controlled Releases

The book is finally sent to next destination... I am sorry for the delay, as I didn´t manage to send it last week before I traveled myself. Good trip over the Atlantic!!

Journal Entry 35 by ExemploDucemus on Monday, April 21, 2008
Received this book today from the Czech Republic and am already reading my way through the stories.

Thank you for including me in this ring.

Still waiting for a response from the next in line. If I get one after 20 July, it will be a while before I am able to mail this as we are on the move to Germany. As soon as I get there, and can access my email for the address, the book can be mailed

Journal Entry 36 by wingWyandowing at Köln, Nordrhein-Westfalen Germany on Saturday, September 05, 2015
Due the Tim Burton Exhibition in Brühl, Germany Sep 2015 - Jan 2016, I remembered having this BookRing. It seems that it ha gone lost.

Wegen der Tim Burton Ausstelling in Brühl, Deutschland Sep 2015 - Jan 2016, erinnerte ich mich, dass ich diesen BookRing habe. Leider ein weiteres, welches verloren gegangen wurde.