Misery Guts

by MORRIS GLEITZMAN | Children's Books |
Registered by Mothercat of Christchurch, Canterbury New Zealand on 2/25/2003
Journal Entry 1 by Mothercat from Christchurch, Canterbury New Zealand on Tuesday, February 25, 2003
Keith Shipley lives in England. It's wet and dreary, and his parents are a couple of misery guts. So Keith embarks on a mission to cheer them up. He tries everything - painting their fish-and-chip shop Tropical Mango, waking them up to their favourite old song on full volume, buying his dad the most beautiful fish in South London - but nothing works. Finally Keith decides the only thing that will make them happy is a move halfway around the world to Paradise. Trouble is, it takes a disaster to get them there. A disaster that could turn even the once cheerful Keith into a misery guts.

This is the eighth of nine copies this book, which I purchased today from a "specials" table at Whitcoulls. I will release them gradually over the next few weeks at various schools. Happy BookCrossing to the finders!

Journal Entry 2 by Buzzbee from Lincoln, Canterbury New Zealand on Sunday, July 13, 2003
What a great story to cheer you up.I plan to realise Misery Guts in our local fish & chip shop in Lincoln 14th July 2003