To Kill a Mockingbird

by Harper Lee | Literature & Fiction |
Registered by wingkeenredawing of Christchurch, Canterbury New Zealand on 9/9/2007
Journal Entry 1 by wingkeenredawing from Christchurch, Canterbury New Zealand on Sunday, September 09, 2007
Compassionate, moving novel about a childhood in a sleepy Southern town in the USA. This book was first published in 1960 and won the Pulitzer prize in 1961. It was later made into an Academy Award-winning film. Both book and film are classics.

I loved this book. The characters are well drawn and as a reader I became totally involved with them. The story is simple but totally engrossing it is eady to see why this book is considered a masterpiece of American literature.

Journal Entry 2 by wingkeenredawing at Cafe Bleu, City Mall in Christchurch, Canterbury New Zealand on Sunday, September 09, 2007

Released 13 yrs ago (9/11/2007 UTC) at Cafe Bleu, City Mall in Christchurch, Canterbury New Zealand

Will be releasing at Bookcrossing group dinner meeting.

Journal Entry 3 by wingfuturecatwing from Christchurch, Canterbury New Zealand on Tuesday, September 11, 2007
Picked up at tonight's meetup (after mistaking it for Catcher in the Rye, an altogether different book!)

v

Journal Entry 4 by wingfuturecatwing from Christchurch, Canterbury New Zealand on Friday, December 28, 2007
There are some books that truly deserve to be called classics, and this is one of them. One of those superficially simple stories that has infinite layers of depth below it, along with incredibly real and believable characters, add up to a fantastic book. I can see a re-reading some time in my future - I sense there's still a lot more to be got out of this book.

v

Journal Entry 5 by wingfuturecatwing from Christchurch, Canterbury New Zealand on Tuesday, January 08, 2008
Picked up by another bookcrosser at tonight's meetup.

v

Journal Entry 6 by marcienz from Kimbell, Canterbury New Zealand on Tuesday, January 15, 2008
Okay, so I'm a week late writing a journal entry.......I had my Dad visiting last week then a virus attacked our computer so here I am and I look forward to reading this book and writing a better review. Cheers.

Journal Entry 7 by marcienz at Wellington City, Wellington Province New Zealand on Monday, September 20, 2010

Released 10 yrs ago (9/20/2010 UTC) at Wellington City, Wellington Province New Zealand

Taken to the informal meetup at The Loft yesterday.

Journal Entry 8 by Sherlockfan at Upper Hutt, Wellington Province New Zealand on Monday, September 20, 2010
Not only was it a delight to meet up with marcienz and learn first hand something about the Canterbury 'quake but the rather chance choice of a meeting place, The Loft, will likely lead to establishment of an OBCZ there. marcie's friend was also with us and maybe, just maybe she'll also join Bookcrossing so it sounds like winners all round.

This is a classic book of which I'd really like to refresh my memory so thanks for choosing it to bring North with you.

Journal Entry 9 by Sherlockfan at Upper Hutt, Wellington Province New Zealand on Sunday, January 30, 2011
Much more depth to the reading of this classic for the second time. Didn't recall anything at all from my first read except for Boo Radley. Great characters especially Atticus. What a wonderful father he was and such a great relationship he established with Jem and Scout. Calpurnia also appealed. Oddly enough I'd just read "The Help" but Katherine Stockett and so was in the right zone to read this which had many of the elements in "The Help". And now we have a black president of the United States. Parts of the world have come a long way since either of these books was written.
I'll check out Wish Lists to see if there is someone wanting this book. It needs to be read, and continue being read.

Journal Entry 10 by Sherlockfan at Upper Hutt, Wellington Province New Zealand on Tuesday, February 01, 2011
I was overjoyed to find someone on who had this book on their Wish List; sent her off an email checking that the wish was still current and to my great delight learned that she and three other members of her family will be in Washington at the bookcrossing convention in April. How exciting is that?
I'm posting it off today.

Journal Entry 11 by love2cook at Pearland, Texas USA on Wednesday, February 23, 2011
Today (2/22/11) on the news we heard that they had a terrible 6.3 earthquake in New Zealand. Sherlockfan lives in New Zealand and sent me this book which arrived today. I pray for her and her family and friends and all the wonderful bookcrossers that live in New Zealand.

I thank you Sherlockfan for sharing this classic book with me. I can't wait to read it. My hubby, wants to read it too. Thanks again! TAKE CARE AND HAPPY BOOKCROSSING!!!

Journal Entry 12 by wingbookstogivewing at Springville, Tennessee USA on Saturday, November 15, 2014
Got this one from Mom who is culling her HUGE TBR pile of books, I will find a new home for it.

Released 5 yrs ago (8/17/2015 UTC) at LFL/OBCZ Stock in -- Mailed, -- By post or by hand/ in person -- USA

Releasing to help stock an OBCZ or LFL, Happy Travels!

To the finder of this book:

BookCrossing is free to join and a great deal of fun, completely confidential, and you may remain anonymous. If you choose to join please consider using me BOOKSTOGIVE as your referring member.

Journal Entry 14 by Readertoo at Sugar Land, Texas USA on Tuesday, September 29, 2015
This was given to me my bookstogive a book box give away! Thank you for sharing your books with me! I have already read this book and saw the movie and loved both. I will be sharing this in a future book ring or book box.

Journal Entry 15 by Readertoo at Sugar Land, Texas USA on Monday, September 12, 2016

Released 4 yrs ago (9/16/2016 UTC) at Sugar Land, Texas USA

I will be adding this to the Suprise Paperback Book Box started by Meekachu. As soon as I receive the mailing address for the next person in line I will be sending it off at the post office.

Journal Entry 16 by Meekachu07 at Saint Paul, Minnesota USA on Thursday, October 06, 2016
Just arrived to me today. I've read it before when I was younger so I will probably pass it on via OperationPaperBack.org. Thanks for sharing!

Journal Entry 17 by Meekachu07 at APO AE, -- US Military (all branches) -- USA on Thursday, October 06, 2016

Released 4 yrs ago (10/6/2016 UTC) at APO AE, -- US Military (all branches) -- USA

Shipping to a soldier via OperationPaperback.org who is interested in reading classics.

Journal Entry 18 by Meekachu07 at APO AE, -- US Military (all branches) -- USA on Thursday, October 06, 2016