Sunshine

by Robin McKinley | Science Fiction & Fantasy |
Registered by wingmaryzeewing of Taneytown, Maryland USA on 11/18/2007
Journal Entry 1 by wingmaryzeewing from Taneytown, Maryland USA on Sunday, November 18, 2007
Picked this up at my local ubs, Willow Tree Books.

From the cover -
There are places in the world where darkness rules, where it's unwise to walk. But there hadn't been any trouble out at the lake for years, and Sunshine just needed a spot where she could be alone with her thoughts. Vampires never entered her mind.
Until they found her...

Journal Entry 2 by wingmaryzeewing at Taneytown, Maryland USA on Thursday, March 15, 2012
I loved this book! It's been a while since I've read a vampire novel, and I found this book wonderfully unique. McKinley has invented a post-modern urban fantasy world, set after the Voodoo Wars destroyed certain areas. (I usually don't like urban fantasy, but a lot of the setting of this story is set in a coffee shop which makes the story, perhaps well, cozier.)

Rae (Sunshine) was raised in her mother's world, after her father left during the Voodoo Wars, and the only contact she had with his family was her grandmother who taught her to transmute objects, but that was a long time ago, and she was just a beginner. These powers go a long way in this story, and the ending is left open for another tale about Sunshine (which I hope there is one).

This book will soon be off to Colorado to its new home, promised in the Wishlist tag thread. I can highly recommend this book, and I hope the next reader enjoys it as much as I did!

Journal Entry 3 by wingmaryzeewing at Taneytown, Maryland USA on Saturday, March 24, 2012

Released 8 yrs ago (3/24/2012 UTC) at Taneytown, Maryland USA

Sent this off to Colorado this morning, for the wishlist tag game. Hope the next reader enjoys it as much as I did!

Journal Entry 4 by Izzy5000 at Fort Collins, Colorado USA on Monday, March 26, 2012
Thanks so much for tagging me!

Journal Entry 5 by Izzy5000 at Kansas City, Missouri USA on Monday, January 26, 2015
I loved this book! It started out seeming like a normal story, and I was confused because Robin Mckinley is a fantasy author. More and more gets revealed as you go on. Excellent read!

Journal Entry 6 by Izzy5000 at Kansas City, Missouri USA on Tuesday, February 03, 2015

Released 5 yrs ago (2/2/2015 UTC) at Kansas City, Missouri USA

Sending out as part of princess-peapod's Valentine RABCK! Happy Valentine's Day!

Journal Entry 7 by Xarodoc at -- Somewhere in town in Athens - Αθήνα, Attica Greece on Sunday, April 24, 2016

Released 3 yrs ago (4/24/2016 UTC) at -- Somewhere in town in Athens - Αθήνα, Attica Greece

One of the books I took at the convention to release in town.