Light Elements: Essays in Science from Gravity to Levity

by Judith Stone | Science |
Registered by wingmaryzeewing of Taneytown, Maryland USA on 9/15/2007
Journal Entry 1 by wingmaryzeewing from Taneytown, Maryland USA on Saturday, September 15, 2007
Picked this up at a yard sale, for BC. I think I'm going to have to read this one.

From the cover -
Part stand-up comic, part gonzo journalist, Discover Magazine's Judith Stone can sniff out strange science at five paces. This off-beat collection of her trenchant, witty essays explodes the boundaries of science, with outrageous insights and surprising factual information that will keep you laughing and learning.

Journal Entry 2 by wingmaryzeewing at Taneytown, Maryland USA on Saturday, November 12, 2011
Although some of the info in here is dated, there was still enough interesting info to make for an enjoyable read (esp. with Stone's sense of humor). Although some of her puns were a bit much, this lightened up what could have been some boring topics/essays. Some of my favorites were the ones about Koko (Gorillas Just Want to Have Fun), chocolate (Lifestyles of the Rich and Creamy), and punctuation (The Comma Before the Storm).

This may be going into a bookbox of mine that will be starting around the first of the year.

Journal Entry 3 by wingmaryzeewing at Biographies of Things, A Bookbox -- Controlled Releases on Sunday, February 12, 2012

Released 8 yrs ago (2/13/2012 UTC) at Biographies of Things, A Bookbox -- Controlled Releases

Sending out in my Biographies of Things bookbox. Enjoy!

Welcome to BookCrossing!

To the finder of this book:
Hello and congratulations! You have not only found yourself a good book, but a whole community of booklovers dedicated to sharing books with each other and the world at large. I hope you'll stick around a bit and get to know BookCrossing -- maybe even make a journal entry on this book. You may choose to remain anonymous or to join (it's free!) Feel free to read and keep this book, or to pass it on to a friend or even set it out "in the wild" for someone else to find like you did. If you do choose to join and journal, then you can watch the book as it travels - You'll be alerted by email each time someone makes another journal entry. It's all confidential (you're known only by your screen name and no one is ever given your e-mail address), free, and spam-free. Happy reading!

Journal Entry 4 by winginnaewing at Aurora, Colorado USA on Friday, March 02, 2012
This little book looks entertaining, and I am going to add it to my wishlist -- if someone else on this bookbox takes this book and wants to send it on when they are done, I would be willing to pay postage :-)

Journal Entry 5 by wingk00kaburrawing at San Jose, California USA on Monday, April 02, 2012
This book enjoyed a brief visit in San Jose, California before continuing its travels with the Biographies of Things bookbox!

Journal Entry 6 by winghyphen8wing at Honolulu, Hawaii USA on Tuesday, May 29, 2012
Taken from MaryZee's Biographies of Things box with thanks!