The Last Godfather: The Rise and Fall of Joey Massino (Berkley True Crime)

by Simon Crittle | Nonfiction |
ISBN: 0425209393 Global Overview for this book
Registered by raerae78 of Watervliet, New York USA on 8/23/2007
Journal Entry 1 by raerae78 from Watervliet, New York USA on Thursday, August 23, 2007
tbr

Journal Entry 2 by raerae78 from Watervliet, New York USA on Wednesday, March 12, 2008
"As head of the Bonanno clan, Joey Massino was the last don, and ran his world with an iron hand--until he got hit with a murder rap, and turned on his own people. Here, for the first time, is his shocking true story--a glimpse inside the world of organized crime that we may never see again" (from amazon.com)
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Amazon only gives a very brief description of this book, and leaves out the fact that not only did Massino turn on his Family, they turned on him as well. I finished reading this book last week, and I find it ironic that no more then a week later the man who prosecuted many members of the Mafia here in NYS, just got himself in a whole boat load of trouble over hookers.
Anyway, this book was great, and I really enjoyed reading it. Very informative, and while I'm sure there is a lot that will never be told- there's many details you won't believe!

Journal Entry 3 by raerae78 from Watervliet, New York USA on Saturday, September 12, 2009
Going into the bookbox