corner corner Ice Candy Man

Ice Candy Man
by Bapsi Sidhwa | Literature & Fiction
Registered by wingmeganhwing of Thornbury, Victoria Australia on 8/21/2007

status (set by marmee463): to be read

Journal Entry 1 by wingmeganhwing from Thornbury, Victoria Australia on Tuesday, August 21, 2007

I was introduced to this author by my friend Sharonann and enjoyed reading The Crow Eaters. I found this one at my favourite Salvos Shop for $1.
Different cover art on my copy.

Journal Entry 2 by wingmeganhwing at Thornbury, Victoria Australia on Monday, June 05, 2017

A very easy read of the partitioning of India and Pakistan, told from the perspective of a disabled and privileged young girl from the minority Parsee group. Her awareness of the changing political climate began in her family life and extended as she aged. She noticed and was immersed more in the difficulties as family members and local people experienced violence and loss of life.
Entertains read and a good history lesson.

Journal Entry 3 by wingmeganhwing at Degani in Templestowe, Victoria Australia on Friday, November 10, 2017

Released 1 wk ago (11/11/2017 UTC) at Degani in Templestowe, Victoria Australia

To the finder of this book -
If you've found this book, you are invited to join its story through bookcrossing, a random community of book lovers. Bookcrossing has been arbitrarily distributing stray books all over the world for over 15 years(as at April 2016). These pages contain the right read for someone--or perhaps many people. The bookcrossing ID (BCID), which you entered in the "Enter a BCID" box on the website, is unique to this copy of this book. If you make a journal entry (either anonymously, or as a bookcrossing member) all previous readers of this actual book will be notified by email, and can follow the book as it travels. Bookcrossing is free to join and completely confidential (you are known only by your screen name and no one is ever given your e-mail address). Come join the story of this book.

Journal Entry 4 by wingmarmee463wing at Templestowe, Victoria Australia on Saturday, November 11, 2017

Caught at today's meet-up. On to Mt TBR.