A Is for Alibi

by Sue Grafton | Mystery & Thrillers | This book has not been rated.
ISBN: 033031582x Global Overview for this book
Registered by Shelbycat of Llanelli, Wales United Kingdom on 8/19/2007
Journal Entry 1 by Shelbycat from Llanelli, Wales United Kingdom on Sunday, August 19, 2007
From the back cover

"''My name is Kinsey Millhone. I''m a private investigator, licensed by the state of California. I''m thirty-two years old, twice divorced, no kids. The day before yesterday I killed someone and the fact weighs heavily on my mind ...'' When Laurence Fife was murdered, few cared. A slick divorce attorney with a reputation for ruthlessness, Fife was also rumoured to be a slippery ladies'' man. Plenty of people in the picturesque Southern California town of Santa Teresa had reason to want him dead including, thought the cops, his young and beautiful wife, Nikki. With motive, access and opportunity, Nikki was their number one suspect and the Jury thought so too. Eight years later and out on parole, Nikki Fife hires Kinsey Millhone to find out who really killed her husband. But the trail has gone cold and there is a chilling twist even Kinsey didn''t expect ..."

This is for my NSSBTS recipient

Journal Entry 2 by Samrana from Birmingham, West Midlands United Kingdom on Wednesday, September 05, 2007
Received as part of a Not so secret back to school September surprise. I wanted to get back into mysteries and detective stories. 'A' seems a great place to start! Thanks to my NSSBTSSS partner.

Journal Entry 3 by Samrana from Birmingham, West Midlands United Kingdom on Sunday, February 10, 2008
The main character was mostly credible as an investigator and the plot was fairly well put together. I just guessed some of it too soon, when I would rather have had to work it out from the clues.

Released 11 yrs ago (3/22/2008 UTC) at Hudson's, 122-124 Colmore Row in Birmingham, West Midlands United Kingdom

Taken to Hudson's for Birmingham meet up.

Journal Entry 5 by carocharlton from Birmingham, West Midlands United Kingdom on Saturday, March 22, 2008
Caught at Birmingham meetup today.

Read and enjoyed this before releasing. First in the series, this introduced Kinsey Millhone, the detective who is still in her thirties two decades later. Good series.

Released 11 yrs ago (6/28/2008 UTC) at On the green during the farmers market in Moseley, West Midlands United Kingdom

Releasing at Moseley Festival 2008